Secretly Society

Seems like Track 2 has shed the surface noise, but Track 1 was ATLiens type surface noise except it was present through out the entire track. Curious as to what caused it. Record is surprisingly flat, but I noticed my cart is kind of swimming in a left - right fashion, any experience with that?

Seems to be pressed off center?

Seems like Track 2 has shed the surface noise, but Track 1 was ATLiens type surface noise except it was present through out the entire track. Curious as to what caused it. Record is surprisingly flat, but I noticed my cart is kind of swimming in a left - right fashion, any experience with that?
Spinning mine again now--no surface noise on A1. There's the smallest amount of drift on mine but its really negligible so doesn't seem to affect sound. That's usually due to an off-center pressing. On perfectly centered pressings the tone arm shouldn't really sway left to right as it tracks. Most pressings nowadays (Especially in the last year) have had some sort of minor drift for me but I have only asked for replacements in that case if it's really moving a ton left to right.

About 3/4 of the way through Big Red Machine. My copy sounds pretty good. Did notice Side A was off a bit. The pianos at the end sounded a bit wonky but I've heard worse. Didn't notice it on any other sides.

I had a little surface noise on the first track of side A. Nothing else audible the rest of the way. Both lps have minor warps but I can fix them.

I would also like to add that the tracks that use auto tune, don’t need auto tune.

Saddest Factory Records Signs Sloppy Jane, New Album 'Madison' Announced
Sloppy Jane - Party Anthem (Official Video)
We're excited to announce the newest release via Saddest Factory Records: Madison by Sloppy Jane, the label's newest signing. The album is out November 5 and is available to pre-order now on purple ripple translucent vinyl. All album orders will come with a limited smashed penny while supplies last. Also available to order is an exclusive Sloppy Jane glow in the dark shirt. Head to the Secretly Store to shop the shirt and vinyl now.

Of the announce, Phoebe Bridgers said: “I have never seen an audience more captivated than at a Sloppy Jane show. Whether it was a house show in Reseda where the opener was a trash fire, or a 2000 seat theatre in New York. They have been my favorite band since I was 16. I am never surprised, and always impressed. I’m glad to live in a world where Haley Dahl wanting to go to a cave to make a record just makes sense. This is already a classic album.”

Bridgers will join Dahl for an IG Live chat on Friday, September 10th at 3:30pm ET/ 12:30pm PT.
Haley Dahl – who records as Sloppy Jane – also released her new single/video “Party Anthem” today, which you can watch here. “Party Anthem” is a soaring orchestral ballad that comes on like Kate Bush leading Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band or Laura Nyro fronting Olivia Tremor Control. It’s accompanied by a captivating video shot in 16 mm and filmed inside the Lost World Caverns in West Virginia, the place where Dahl recorded all of Madison, bringing in 21 bandmates from all around the country to make an impressive and ambitious orchestral album recorded deep inside the caves. It’s the first time someone has ever recorded an entire album in a cave, and the results are sonically stunning; Madison is an astounding, glorious record of highest order melodrama.

For Madison, Dahl spent three years exploring caves that could capture her vision for the album. Her search took her across the USA – obsessing over the different acoustics of each option – before landing on Lost World Caverns. The result is a beautiful, personal labor of love; a sweeping grand gesture, a powerful statement about obsessive love, and about growing into yourself in the aftermath of a life-changing relationship.

Dahl and her 21 bandmates recorded all of Madison from inside the caves from 3pm to 8:30 am each day over the course of two weeks. To access the space, they’d enter through the back of a gift shop, down a long tunnel where they’d walk down 200 feet of stairs to reach the entrance. Dahl and her bandmates did this steep walk with a piano. The ceiling of Lost World Caverns is massively high and is a perfect dome. The inside was also 98 percent humidity, leading to both stellar sound and also problems with tuning and gear. Engineer Ryan Howe sat in his parents Subaru above the cave with his mixing board and computer, and threaded cables down 90 feet through a hole in the ground to the ceiling of the cave.

This album, so fully realized and diligently executed, is a long time coming for Dahl, who has been performing as Sloppy Jane since she was a teenager. In those days, Sloppy Jane was a three-piece punk band. Its earliest members were Phoebe Bridgers on bass, Sarah Cath on guitar, and Imogen Teasley-Vlautin on drums. Now the band has over a dozen members, and has transformed into a chamber pop project. Dahl also learned so much as a musician: on Madison, she learned how to write for chamber instruments and taught herself the piano. The record is difficult to categorize. It’s David Bowie but also when the song “Crying” by Roy Orbison plays at the end of Harmony Korine’s Gummo. It’s My Chemical Romance meets Sgt. Pepper. Courtney Love and Queen. It’s a huge, flowery, velvety thing full of toy horses and stalagmites. It follows one major throughline: a grand gesture so large that it moves the whole Earth.
Sloppy Jane, Madison
out Nov 5 via Saddest Factory Records

Madison, so fully realized and diligently executed, is a long time coming for Dahl, who has been performing as Sloppy Jane since she was a teenager. In those days, Sloppy Jane was a three-piece punk band. Now the band has over a dozen members, and has transformed into a chamber pop project. Madison is a record that's difficult to categorize. It’s David Bowie but also when the song “Crying” by Roy Orbison plays at the end of Harmony Korine’s Gummo. It’s My Chemical Romance meets Sgt. Pepper.Courtney Love and Queen. It’s a huge, flowery, velvety thing full of toy horses and stalagmites. It follows one major throughline: a grand gesture so large that it moves the whole Earth.

Checking out Sloppy Jane now. Just the one song from the Music Video is out now from Madison. I'm kind of intrigued. I'm picking up a few different vibes / sounds from the song. I just may have to order this one.

Just got an email from Secretly that says they’re going to start charging VAT at point of purchase.
This basically means for UK customers it’s about to get more expensive all because of Brexit.
It does mean you won’t get hit with any additional import fees etc that could be annoying, but if you were lucky enough to avoid that previously then this is definitely going to make it more expensive.

Reactions: Jan
Just got an email from Secretly that says they’re going to start charging VAT at point of purchase.
This basically means for UK customers it’s about to get more expensive all because of Brexit.
It does mean you won’t get hit with any additional import fees etc that could be annoying, but if you were lucky enough to avoid that previously then this is definitely going to make it more expensive.
Did not get that e-mail , yet, but if that is true i might think about re-joining for next year. Hope they do it for Europe as well. In the moment i get hit with var/customs every package , costing 1€ VAR and 6€ DHL handling fee which makes it ridiculously expensive.

And i do not think it has anything to do with Brexit. At least it hits us as well in the eu

Did not get that e-mail , yet, but if that is true i might think about re-joining for next year. Hope they do it for Europe as well. In the moment i get hit with var/customs every package , costing 1€ VAR and 6€ DHL handling fee which makes it ridiculously expensive.

And i do not think it has anything to do with Brexit. At least it hits us as well in the eu
Full text of mail as follows:

Notice To UK/EU Customers Regarding VAT
Dear Member,

In light of ongoing changes in regulations created by Brexit, we are going to adjust the way we charge you for your subscription.

Here’s what that means for you:

THE GOOD NEWS:
No import tax or duties will be payable by you on receipt of your goods any more.

THE AVERAGE NEWS:
We will now charge VAT at the point of purchase, meaning your subscription will include a new VAT charge from your next renewal date.

We’re stoked that you’ve chosen to be a part of Secretly Society, and as a thank you for your continued loyalty and support here’s an extra 15% off discount code for any future purchases on the Secretly Store (expires 20 November):

Reactions: Jan
I snagged one! Apparently not shipping for several weeks…

Full text of mail as follows:

Notice To UK/EU Customers Regarding VAT
Dear Member,

In light of ongoing changes in regulations created by Brexit, we are going to adjust the way we charge you for your subscription.

Here’s what that means for you:

THE GOOD NEWS:
No import tax or duties will be payable by you on receipt of your goods any more.

THE AVERAGE NEWS:
We will now charge VAT at the point of purchase, meaning your subscription will include a new VAT charge from your next renewal date.

We’re stoked that you’ve chosen to be a part of Secretly Society, and as a thank you for your continued loyalty and support here’s an extra 15% off discount code for any future purchases on the Secretly Store (expires 20 November):
Still did Not geht this

bGyd4GzMzwUKe8Z3A8kMPDPQc8Djk2490l_UskgV0SPdTJ2EamU5Ii7HGosmJ96s8YhpmVa8fH9t0rsnmwf1BbPhIhjYYvrnaMs8qv8TOqvMGN4LJkTW7vUFhWkdzFULdVXo_3EoT6vwtEecUaLU00fM_aEyMA=s0-d-e1-ft

The first two numero releases they did where pretty great but I'm not to but on seasonal albums so i may see if I'm able to sit this one out
I don’t love the seasonal album much at all, but they’ve been more hits than misses for me so I’ll probably keep it going and admittedly zi’m a little intrigued to see what they do with a Christmas album. But hopefully this isn’t a whole thing, because Numero isn’t usually my bag.

I don’t love the seasonal album much at all, but they’ve been more hits than misses for me so I’ll probably keep it going and admittedly zi’m a little intrigued to see what they do with a Christmas album. But hopefully this isn’t a whole thing, because Numero isn’t usually my bag.
Additional problem for me: with international shipping it won't arrive before January

Looks like I will be adding another Christmas Album to my collection this year after all.

I think this is the first year I haven't ordered one yet. The MOV Vol 3 one I wanted I haven't seen available for order on Bull Moose at all as of yet:

It's been Unavailable since it was listed. I have the first 3 volumes and really wanted to add the third to my collection.

Back