Secretly Society

For the 2nd time in my 5 months, I haven’t gotten my shipment by the middle of the month (Every other month, it’s in hand by the 11-12th of the month). The first time it never came and they reshipped and it arrived 2 days after they sent it at the end of the month. Figuring how long I should wait.

Has anyone else had this issue with them? The fact that there’s no tracking or shipment notification seems odd to me.

For the 2nd time in my 5 months, I haven’t gotten my shipment by the middle of the month (Every other month, it’s in hand by the 11-12th of the month). The first time it never came and they reshipped and it arrived 2 days after they sent it at the end of the month. Figuring how long I should wait.

Has anyone else had this issue with them? The fact that there’s no tracking or shipment notification seems odd to me.
I have gotten inconsistent shipping with them as well. I just received Akron Family last week...so I’m assuming Destroyer won’t go out until the end of the month. They always respond pretty quick though so I’ll bet they’ll shine some light on whatever it is you want to know.

I haven’t received mine either.

How’s the Akron Family sounding?

Also, I signed up for my six month subscription with a really decent coupon code at the time, has anyone seen another coupon recently? Those six months are almost up...

That reminds me, I need to spin my Akron Family. I never did get to it last weekend.

Looking forward to June's record of the month.

That $55 for 6 months was a fantastic deal. I signed up with that too. You couldn't be a member to take advantage of it. It's not a bad idea to let it lapse and see if there's another deal. I think that's a good stance to take with all subscription services. You won't want EVERY month. If you tend to buy a few SS releases, it will save you money. The member pricing on colored records is a few buck cheaper than the retail price and they will ship them with your SS subscription. The real membership perk is most black vinyl for $9.99. You sometimes have to wait a month or two, but it gives you time. If you haven't listened to it in 2 months, you probably don't really want it.

I've swapped probably a third of the ROTMs for either previous ROTMs or just regular items in the store.

If you want to know when you're getting your ROTM, you have to use USPS Informed Delivery, but none of the subscription services are great with that.

Last edited:
I really wanna join secretly society but I'm a little hesitant
What are your hesitations?

It's a pretty good bang for you buck. It's not very expensive and you also get members discounts on most new releases and get free shipping on everything in the store if it ships with your subscription. When they had a sale during the holidays I grabbed a bunch of stuff (and good stuff too like Durand Jones and Shame) for $7 and change.

That $55 for 6 months was a fantastic deal. I signed up with that too. You couldn't be a member to take advantage of it. It's not a bad idea to let it lapse and see if there's another deal. I think that's a good stance to take with all subscription services. You won't want EVERY month. If you tend to buy a few SS releases, it will save you money. The member pricing on colored records is a few buck cheaper than the retail price and they will ship them with your SS subscription. The real membership perk is most black vinyl for $9.99. You sometimes have to wait a month or two, but it gives you time. If you haven't listened to it in 2 months, you probably don't really want it.

I've swapped probably a third of the ROTMs for either previous ROTMs or just regular items in the store.

If you want to know when you're getting your ROTM, you have to use USPS Informed Delivery, but none of the subscription services are great with that.
This is precisely where I'm at with Secretly. My 6 month $55 sub just expired and I'm gonna let it be for now. I figure another deal will come and I can use those 6 months to pick up or swap for anything I may miss out on in the meantime. It is a great club and the customer service is incredibly friendly and accommodating. Highly recommended.

That $55 for 6 months was a fantastic deal. I signed up with that too. You couldn't be a member to take advantage of it. It's not a bad idea to let it lapse and see if there's another deal.
I think I'll definitely keep an eye out for something like this. I'm letting my annual sub lapse this month, but Black Mountain is the album I've been most excited for in the last year aside from Ryley Walker, and I have some room in the budget again now that I've cancelled my VMP membership.

This is precisely where I'm at with Secretly. My 6 month $55 sub just expired and I'm gonna let it be for now. I figure another deal will come and I can use those 6 months to pick up or swap for anything I may miss out on in the meantime. It is a great club and the customer service is incredibly friendly and accommodating. Highly recommended.
Mine is expiring too. Debating if I want to go back to 3 months or 6 again. I'll probably just bite the bullet and do 6 and hope next time I renew it's the $55 deal again.

I think I'll definitely keep an eye out for something like this. I'm letting my annual sub lapse this month, but Black Mountain is the album I've been most excited for in the last year aside from Ryley Walker, and I have some room in the budget again now that I've cancelled my VMP membership.
I mean, you can't go wrong regardless. The $60 3 month sub is still a bargain at $20/album shipped. Plus you get discounts on other things in their store which you can have shipped for free with your monthly album. I've picked up some great stuff for $10.

Back