Secretly Society

but i just got my pusa preorder and my vmp Stevie nicks this weeks. International mail from the us seems to have really slowed down now
Mail within the US has been pretty slow lately too. Especially cheaper shipping options.

It's very different from their normal offerings, but this Eccentric Funk album sounds great and is a great sampler of stuff I would never have heard otherwise. I'm happy with them throwing in something like this every 4-6 months.
Have not heard ef yet, but i agree that the inclusion of numero titles really widens the scope of the sub

So I got my Magnolia Electric Co. back-catalog sale order and... Trials and Errors is perhaps the worst sounding pressing I own, fresh out of the shrink. Unforgivably distorted across all four sides. At first I thought it was a Neil Young-worship kind of thing, but I couldn't get into it. Then I started checking my stylus for lint. Then I swapped out some tubes in my phono pre. Then I looked it up on Discogs and apparently it's a common complaint. A total bummer. The performance itself sounds like something I would really enjoy if it the pressing noise didn't grate across every single one of my remaining nerves. I am told that the digital version sounds great but, you know, I didn't purchase the digital version. I purchased the LP version...

I almost afraid to spin the other titles I picked up.

So I got my Magnolia Electric Co. back-catalog sale order and... Trials and Errors is perhaps the worst sounding pressing I own, fresh out of the shrink. Unforgivably distorted across all four sides. At first I thought it was a Neil Young-worship kind of thing, but I couldn't get into it. Then I started checking my stylus for lint. Then I swapped out some tubes in my phono pre. Then I looked it up on Discogs and apparently it's a common complaint. A total bummer. The performance itself sounds like something I would really enjoy if it the pressing noise didn't grate across every single one of my remaining nerves. I am told that the digital version sounds great but, you know, I didn't purchase the digital version. I purchased the LP version...

I almost afraid to spin the other titles I picked up.
My copies of his stuff definitely have a little bit of surface noise to them. They're by no means great pressings, but I find them fine but I'm sure that is system dependent.

My copy of Durand Jones seems to have some pretty nasty vocal distortion towards the end of Side B. Sounds very muddy and fuzzy. Does that sound like a dirty record or would that be more in the lane of a pressing defect?

Nice. Since this is released in August, if I sign up for a three month Secretly Society sub, I'll get this automatically as part of the subscription, or, I'll just be able to buy it separately as a member?
If its the august record you get it automatically. i have not found anything on the page yet.
By the way, eccentric funk and grae arrived on friday. I really like the eccentric funk, but am a little bit dissapointed with the general package. I wish there was a booklet with info about the artists/tracks.
That said grae is a spectacular package, overall.

Now i got th e-mail
We're excited to announce that our August record of the month will be Bright Eyes' new album Down in the Weeds, Where the World Once Was. The new album was just announced today, and Society members will get the exclusive color variants of red & light blue splatter / transparent teal.

The 2xLP features a 2-inch die cut hole through the entire package revealing the LPs from both sides. Side D contains an animated phenakistoscope etching by Drew Tetz.

The album is also available in standard and deluxe bundles, both of which include the 2xLP transparent red & transparent orange vinyl. The standard bundle includes a canvas tote with a new exclusive Bright Eyes design and a 7" of Persona Non Grata b/w Flirted With You All My Life on color transparent orange w/ opaque red splatter. The deluxe bundle includes the items in the standard bundle plus an official Bright Eyes star from the Official Star Registry. This digital gift pack will include your Eternal Star Registration, Personalized Star Certificate, OSR Constellation Factsheet, and more.

We hope you're as excited to get a new Bright Eyes record as we are, and we think you'll enjoy this one

Now i got th e-mail
We're excited to announce that our August record of the month will be Bright Eyes' new album Down in the Weeds, Where the World Once Was. The new album was just announced today, and Society members will get the exclusive color variants of red & light blue splatter / transparent teal.

The 2xLP features a 2-inch die cut hole through the entire package revealing the LPs from both sides. Side D contains an animated phenakistoscope etching by Drew Tetz.

The album is also available in standard and deluxe bundles, both of which include the 2xLP transparent red & transparent orange vinyl. The standard bundle includes a canvas tote with a new exclusive Bright Eyes design and a 7" of Persona Non Grata b/w Flirted With You All My Life on color transparent orange w/ opaque red splatter. The deluxe bundle includes the items in the standard bundle plus an official Bright Eyes star from the Official Star Registry. This digital gift pack will include your Eternal Star Registration, Personalized Star Certificate, OSR Constellation Factsheet, and more.

We hope you're as excited to get a new Bright Eyes record as we are, and we think you'll enjoy this one
I wonder if we'll get it a little early or if they'll just ship later.

Reactions: Jan
Back