Secretly Society

Keep in mind, you will be able to swap 1 month's record for a back catalogue item, but then after that (at least on a 3 month...) you'll have to outright purchase the albums and keep the ROTMs. I do not believe you can swap every month. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is how it works.
I've had no problem swapping multiple times, but I'm on a 6 month. I don't think they care.

Keep in mind, you will be able to swap 1 month's record for a back catalogue item, but then after that (at least on a 3 month...) you'll have to outright purchase the albums and keep the ROTMs. I do not believe you can swap every month. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is how it works.

I think that's technically the written rule but I don't think they really implement it.

I became pretty enamored with the Songs:Ohia -- Magnolia Electric Co. LP a few months back. I just resubbed to Secretly Society to get Eight Gates, which I haven't heard at all. There are a bunch of Songs:Ohia and Mag El Co. records on sale at the site right now. Which come most recommended for new fans who aren't interested in going totally rabbit-hole at the moment?

I became pretty enamored with the Songs:Ohia -- Magnolia Electric Co. LP a few months back. I just resubbed to Secretly Society to get Eight Gates, which I haven't heard at all. There are a bunch of Songs:Ohia and Mag El Co. records on sale at the site right now. Which come most recommended for new fans who aren't interested in going totally rabbit-hole at the moment?
What Comes After The Blues is fantastic (which I also need to actually buy). As a member, they also have the purple press of Axis & Ace. That was a nice release and gets a lot of spins too.

New question: When I go to checkout it tells me to design my monthly shipment with four slots for free shipping? I am confused by this. Does this preempt the Society picks? Or do I just get up to four records shipped for free each month?

I will say I’m sort of annoyed again that the Society variant is more boring than the gen-pop limited version.
Based on SS's history of mockups, I wouldn't be surprised if the blue version ends up being "splash" like the red.

New question: When I go to checkout it tells me to design my monthly shipment with four slots for free shipping? I am confused by this. Does this preempt the Society picks? Or do I just get up to four records shipped for free each month?
Yep, can ship 4 extra with your monthly for free. Or you can choose to pay for shipping and get them delivered right away.

Trials & Errors

That's great! I do not remember that perk from before. Thanks for the quick response!
No prob. I've had a pretty great experience with them so far. I really have enjoyed a lot of artists over the years from the 3 labels they have.

And going into a Jason Molina rabbit hole is never a bad thing. Or Richard Swift. Or Damien Jurado... :)

I would sign up for Secretly if they had more Molina releases and less Poridge Radio and Jens Lenkman. I've also never understood why they don't usually have Secretly Society variants of their big artists when the records first comes out.

I've found whenever it comes to their bigger artists VMP and other stores tend to get exclusives (see Phoebe, recent Khruangbin, Angel Olsen), personally think they'd be better off expanding their audience by using these big pulls but there's probably more money in sending VMP 1k of something than to sell 500 copies through their own subscription.

Also Secretly members are probably an audience who already had intentions to buy those records, why sell only 1 record when you could sell 2?

I actually cancelled my sub in march due to them inflating the price on the custom declarations, leading to me having to pay a higher customs fee (I some cases were I paid 9.99 for a record, I actually ended up almost paying more in tax and customs than for the record itself). I kind of regret that now though, as I had the Black Friday discount which was a great deal. I really would have loved to snag that Khruangbin and BOCC on orange vinyl in the sale. Thinking of resubbing now, as I really want that new Molina. So, what are the odds we may get a new discount code in the foreseeable future, you think?

I actually cancelled my sub in march due to them inflating the price on the custom declarations, leading to me having to pay a higher customs fee (I some cases were I paid 9.99 for a record, I actually ended up almost paying more in tax and customs than for the record itself). I kind of regret that now though, as I had the Black Friday discount which was a great deal. I really would have loved to snag that Khruangbin and BOCC on orange vinyl in the sale. Thinking of resubbing now, as I really want that new Molina. So, what are the odds we may get a new discount code in the foreseeable future, you think?
I've only seen the codes at Black Friday, so I doubt there will be one prior to the sign up date to get the Molina.

Might be worth waiting until this weekend, could be a Memorial day sale.

I know nothing about Jason Molina and haven’t even heard a note by the guy but I’m curious as to this new upcoming release. Is the material completely unheard to even hardcore fans?
Is it alternate versions of songs fans might know?
Or is it genuine studio quality unheard songs?

Back