Secretly Society

Silly question no doubt but for clarity's sake; international members of Secretly – is shipping of store purchases included like VMP? I know it's included for the records as part of the subscription but wanted to check. Durand Jones is tempting as want to start building a collection alongside Black Pumas but not enough to bite as I have the orange copy already. So will be for future reference.

Also, another vote for getting the Durand Jones. Such a brilliant band.

Yep, you can add things on at no additional cost but they’ll only ship with your monthly record - like VMP.

The only downside is that SS do declare values of the items and I’ve been hit a few times with import tax (I’m from the UK) which can add an additional £12 or so to the cost.

Would it be too much to ask for everyone’s fav SS ROTMs so far?
Molina is great, but you have to know that the recording is a little lo fi.
I like the wild hunt a lot , too. That jamilah woods lp is great, too and looks spectacular.

I really love Life Will See you now and Hard Love. Obviously, the first Durand. My sleeper pick is Gordi.

Alex Cameron’s Forced Witness was my big discovery, probably one of my favourite albums of the last few years. Fell in love with the Alex Lahey album too.

Not exactly a discovery as I’m a fan of Laura Marling, but the LUMP album is incredible too, beautiful variant as well.

I highly recommend checking out Annika Norlins Band Hello Saferide or if you are more adventurous language-wise her other band Säkert

Hello Saferide's second album is brilliant. It's funny and sad at the same time: she can sing about how lame actually is the first time you get laid and then go to a song to her never-existing daughter.
And it also includes the song "Arjeplog". The lyrics of that song are the most accurate definition of happiness I've read in my life.

Reactions: Jan
I didn't listen to Correspondence prior to getting the final but this is hands down my favorite SS of the year so far.
Interesting! I ended up skipping this one as I wasn't a huge fan (and I LOVE Jens...). I might go revisit it eventually though.

I'm not loving this month's pick. I knew going into it that it wouldn't be my favorite, but man, I kind of downright hate it.
Yea--I'm a big Jens Lekman fan but I asked them to skip this month so they just added a month onto the end of my sub instead. I streamed some of it from bandcamp and knew I wouldn't listen to it much.

Back