Secretly Society

Just signed up for Secretly Society for my first time. A bit confused, they seem to have an awesome backlog of exclusives that I would love to get my hands on. Are you allowed to swap records for past exclusives?
Yep, just shoot them an email. That's what I did this month.

Yep, they're different. I've swapped numerous times. Have yet to skip.
Sickkk! Stoked to have joined this club. I’ve been going IN on building out the classics side of my record collection. So right now my record collection is like 75% jazz, classic rock and soul and I really need to start building out my contemporary collection and SS seems like the perfect place to start!

Sickkk! Stoked to have joined this club. I’ve been going IN on building out the classics side of my record collection. So right now my record collection is like 75% jazz, classic rock and soul and I really need to start building out my contemporary collection and SS seems like the perfect place to start!
It's 3 pretty great indie labels, so you shouldn't have any problems with that!

Just signed up for Secretly Society for my first time. A bit confused, they seem to have an awesome backlog of exclusives that I would love to get my hands on. Are you allowed to swap records for past exclusives?

Heck yes you can. You just email them with your choice.

Yes. Just send them an email requesting what you want.

Sorry two more questions! Are you able to swap for records in their secretly store that weren’t ROTM? Such as a Moses Sumney or a Phoebe Bridgers or are those off limits. Also are pressings generally pretty standard and vary from artist to artist? I’m guessing these are using the same stampers and masters as the standard black and indie exclusive releases pertaining to those artists right?

Sorry two more questions! Are you able to swap for records in their secretly store that weren’t ROTM? Such as a Moses Sumney or a Phoebe Bridgers or are those off limits. Also are pressings generally pretty standard and vary from artist to artist? I’m guessing these are using the same stampers and masters as the standard black and indie exclusive releases pertaining to those artists right?
You can ask to swap for anything in the store. They may say no if the price isn't somewhat equivalent.

I'm not sure on the stamper question.

You can ask to swap for anything in the store. They may say no if the price isn't somewhat equivalent.

I'm not sure on the stamper question.
I've actually recently been told by them that this is not true (even though I've done it before). I emailed to inquire about swapping next month and they said it was limited to past SS titles only. Not sure if this is new or it was just a fill in CS person.

I've actually recently been told by them that this is not true (even though I've done it before). I emailed to inquire about swapping next month and they said it was limited to past SS titles only. Not sure if this is new or it was just a fill in CS person.
Wow, weird. I've done it multiple times. Supposed to be this month too, but the customer service rep said they "would try" to do my swap. Not sure what that meant 😂

Wow, weird. I've done it multiple times. Supposed to be this month too, but the customer service rep said they "would try" to do my swap. Not sure what that meant 😂
What were you able to swap for? I asked about Moses Sumney but figured the was a long shot anyway.

What were you able to swap for? I asked about Moses Sumney but figured the was a long shot anyway.
Well, I tried for Nap Eyes but that response wasn't totally reassuring it would happen. Haven't got a shipping notification yet either. Haven't seen it in informed delivery yet like usual.

Thanks for the info guys! Just listened to this Durand Jones album for the first time and WOW! Gonna have a hard time choosing between this and Sharon Van Etten as my first SS delivery

Silly question no doubt but for clarity's sake; international members of Secretly – is shipping of store purchases included like VMP? I know it's included for the records as part of the subscription but wanted to check. Durand Jones is tempting as want to start building a collection alongside Black Pumas but not enough to bite as I have the orange copy already. So will be for future reference.

Also, another vote for getting the Durand Jones. Such a brilliant band.

Silly question no doubt but for clarity's sake; international members of Secretly – is shipping of store purchases included like VMP? I know it's included for the records as part of the subscription but wanted to check. Durand Jones is tempting as want to start building a collection alongside Black Pumas but not enough to bite as I have the orange copy already. So will be for future reference.

Yes, you have the option of assigning any purchases to your monthly box for free shipping. I think that there may be a limit of four add-ons per month (you can always bump something to a future month or pay for shipping).

The Secretly Store is just like a regular label online store. You can get stuff shipped whenever you order.....However the free shipping only applies if you have it shipped with your monthly record. When you check you'll have the option to drag it to a future shipment or just have it shipped but pay shipping.

The Secretly Store is just like a regular label online store. You can get stuff shipped whenever you order.....However the free shipping only applies if you have it shipped with your monthly record. When you check you'll have the option to drag it to a future shipment or just have it shipped but pay shipping.
Yes, you have the option of assigning any purchases to your monthly box for free shipping. I think that there may be a limit of four add-ons per month (you can always bump something to a future month or pay for shipping).
Wonderful, thank you both. I thought as much but wanted to have certainty in my mind. Definitely one to consider in the future then!

Back