Secretly Society

Sound noticeably better?
I didn't do an A/B test. The blue variant sounds good to my ears! I assume they are all pressed at the same plant though. I did order the 10th anniversary For Emma and that was remastered at Sterling with the lacquer cut there too and that one sounds WAY better than the original pressing I had.

I didn't do an A/B test. The blue variant sounds good to my ears! I assume they are all pressed at the same plant though. I did order the 10th anniversary For Emma and that was remastered at Sterling with the lacquer cut there too and that one sounds WAY better than the original pressing I had.
Thanks. Their pressings are very hit and miss.

Thanks. Their pressings are very hit and miss.
Agreed. Most of my Bon Iver (especially the earlier stuff) sounds bad. I thought i,i and my copy of 21 A Million sounded good though. It sucks because I really like the label. I emailed them about a copy of one of the 12" singles I bought (the one with his cover of I Can't Make You Love Me) and it was off center and just sounded bad on one side. Even though I didn't buy it from them directly and it was out of stock, they still offered to send me any Bon Iver album I didn't currently own which was awesome. Hoping they get their pressings sorted to use a better plant for all future pressings.

Agreed. Most of my Bon Iver (especially the earlier stuff) sounds bad. I thought i,i and my copy of 21 A Million sounded good though. It sucks because I really like the label. I emailed them about a copy of one of the 12" singles I bought (the one with his cover of I Can't Make You Love Me) and it was off center and just sounded bad on one side. Even though I didn't buy it from them directly and it was out of stock, they still offered to send me any Bon Iver album I didn't currently own which was awesome. Hoping they get their pressings sorted to use a better plant for all future pressings.
Agreed. A lot of their music is intricate and demands it.

Bit of a shitty spring sale in my opinion. For so much varied stuff in their overall inventory there are like 10 items on the Spring Sale. Think I’ll give it a miss.
Yea--not sure if they will add more, but a bunch of these items were previously out of stock (like the Bon Iver japanese variant).

Here is the full twitter thread about this post with ability to listen in last post. Living in Chicago and already owning a few Numero records this may be a pass for me.

Received the ROTM - Tallest Man on Earth today. Many of the Society's ROTM color mock - ups are laughable nothing like the end result, but this one was SPOT ON. The record looks like a continuation of the sky from the album art work. I dont know if it was the QC employees, or what, but man this is a winner. Best yet from the Society. Wow!

Attachments

• 906be8ea-29a5-408c-bee8-5c6572384d26.jpg
    906be8ea-29a5-408c-bee8-5c6572384d26.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 88b51b1d-28be-4e64-afd1-23dce4959a5f.jpg
    88b51b1d-28be-4e64-afd1-23dce4959a5f.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 13
  • ea0d294b-f3a3-460d-8041-fd1eb8782c02.jpg
    ea0d294b-f3a3-460d-8041-fd1eb8782c02.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 11
Received the ROTM - Tallest Man on Earth today. Many of the Society's ROTM color mock - ups are laughable nothing like the end result, but this one was SPOT ON. The record looks like a continuation of the sky from the album art work. I dont know if it was the QC employees, or what, but man this is a winner. Best yet from the Society. Wow!
Did ya get tracking for it? Or did it just show up? I'm really excited about this one but am a new member and haven't gotten any updates on shipping yet. Glad to hear it looks so great!

Did ya get tracking for it? Or did it just show up? I'm really excited about this one but am a new member and haven't gotten any updates on shipping yet. Glad to hear it looks so great!
Mine has always just shown up. I got my copy two days ago. The only issue I've had with Secretly is the need for informed delivery to know what is going on with your package, otherwise it is a fantastic subscription.

Mike, no tracking or email. Just showed up.

Mine has always just shown up. I got my copy two days ago. The only issue I've had with Secretly is the need for informed delivery to know what is going on with your package, otherwise it is a fantastic subscription.
One downside to the record is that it was dusty as hell. It almost felt "grainy". Took forever to clean.

Good to know! My informed delivery is all sorts of screwed up lately. Packages keep saying they are going to be here and end up arriving late. I have also purchased a bunch of records lately so not sure which are which in ID sometimes. I’m sure I’ll get it soon. excited to give it a spin!

Good to know! My informed delivery is all sorts of screwed up lately. Packages keep saying they are going to be here and end up arriving late. I have also purchased a bunch of records lately so not sure which are which in ID sometimes. I’m sure I’ll get it soon. excited to give it a spin!
Secretly always comes from Ann Arbor, MI and usually shows up as a shipping label the first week of the month.

Secretly always comes from Ann Arbor, MI and usually shows up as a shipping label the first week of the month.
Hmm I’m not seeing it in informed delivery anywhere yet. I might email them this week if I don’t see it pop up yet. I signed up mostly for this album so hope there aren’t any issues with getting it!

Back