Secretly Society

yeah, all of these things. they handle their customer service really well. we're all just used to a certain company that doesn't...

Begrudgingly taking a break from SS for a bit. Nothing against the sub at all, but my yearly renew is coming up and it's also timing with us tightening the belt on vinyl purchases for a while. I'll be back and will probably be able to pick up whatever comes in the next X months, but for now I'm out.

Begrudgingly taking a break from SS for a bit. Nothing against the sub at all, but my yearly renew is coming up and it's also timing with us tightening the belt on vinyl purchases for a while. I'll be back and will probably be able to pick up whatever comes in the next X months, but for now I'm out.
I think I might dive into a short sub now since my time at VMP is coming to a close I think...but might hold off for a month or so since I don't really want the Porridge Radio release. I do really want that Tallest Man On Earth album though.

I do really want that Tallest Man On Earth album though.

Same. That's the record that made me hesitate in cancelling.

Looks like current members can preorder it for $9.99. I won't be a member by then but thinking if someone would be kind enough to snag one for me I'd pay +shipping... :)

Looks like current members can preorder it for $9.99. I won't be a member by then but thinking if someone would be kind enough to snag one for me I'd pay +shipping... :)
If I do end up joining, just remind me and I'll see if I can help ya out!

I think that $9.99 is just a placeholder. I don't see a way to actually order it. Jason Molina uses to show the same thing.

Quick question about this whole Secretly Society sub. It looks like they offer up deals/unique colour presses for SS members. Do they include them as part of the shipping with your monthly album, or is it extra shipping on top of your sub?

Quick question about this whole Secretly Society sub. It looks like they offer up deals/unique colour presses for SS members. Do they include them as part of the shipping with your monthly album, or is it extra shipping on top of your sub?
You can include it in your shipping, or choose to have it shipped separately and pay.

From what I understand, you get 1 album of the month which is a unique color variant of a secretly album (sometimes a new release, other times it's a unique color repress). And you get discounts outside of that I think? But you only get 1 album per month for the subscription fee.

You can include it in your shipping, or choose to have it shipped separately and pay.

Good to know! Thank you sir.

At some point, I want to do a three month sub and grab a few of the past presses I've wanted. That Jens Lekman and Annika Norlin album looks delightful, and I like that Tallest Man On Earth record as well, so right around now might be the time.

At some point, I want to do a three month sub and grab a few of the past presses I've wanted. That Jens Lekman and Annika Norlin album looks delightful, and I like that Tallest Man On Earth record as well, so right around now might be the time.
Ohh I misread what you were asking...yea --what @Matt M said haha.

Yeah, I think they'll let you add up to 4 in your monthly shipment. But you can throw more into the next month's shipment at the same time.

The secretly store could be a Little easier to navigate and filter. Just by Chance i found that they have the Bishop Allen Album i Always wanted on Vinyl for 11$

I’m listening through my box finally. LP 1 on my Legacy! Legacy! had a bad edge warp. Has anyone had any experience with warps and their policy?

That's my main issue with them. So. Many. Warps. They do replace them quickly but that doesn't help when all the replacements are warped as well. :(

I got my Porridge Radio the other day. Can't say it's my favorite album I've ever gotten from them. It's fine but probably won't be spun very much.

I got my Porridge Radio the other day. Can't say it's my favorite album I've ever gotten from them. It's fine but probably won't be spun very much.
If I sign up now, I'd get Tallest Man On Earth right? Been waiting to sign up since I didn't want Porridge Radio...

If I sign up now, I'd get Tallest Man On Earth right? Been waiting to sign up since I didn't want Porridge Radio...
yes, taht should be the case.
if you are unsure you can also send them a quicke-mail, that you want to start with tallest man. They were very kind when i joined for their black friday deal to let my sub start with january because i had november and december already

Back