Secretly Society

Got my shipping email for this along with Magnolia Record Club today. Wonder if/when they'll announce the next run of ROTMs.

do we even know what's on this Molina album yet? either way, I'm incredibly stoked for it to show up...

I dont think so. I wasn't evenable to find a setlist from the show
same. all i've seen is a sketched flyer for the show from a French site and the Secretly Society mention that they obtained the recording.

What’s the verdict on Secretly Society? What can I expect by joining up, are pressings good, are records showing up in good shape, is CS accommodating, are the picks on the money? The site is pretty and looks properly migrated (lol).

What’s the verdict on Secretly Society? What can I expect by joining up, are pressings good, are records showing up in good shape, is CS accommodating, are the picks on the money? The site is pretty and looks properly migrated (lol).

I have swapped out a fair amount, easily with no problems. Pressings can be hit or miss with me. They have arrived in good shape.

I probably won't renew because I'm taking a step back from buying and I've pretty much filled in my missing back releases through swaps.

Never had any issues. Ship internationally and they’ve all turned up in the UK with no issues. Condition has been great.
Swaps easily accommodated. Very quick CS responses.
Obviously limited choices as it’s linked to specific record labels but for what it is I’ve enjoyed it.

Do they send tracking e-mails? I have got nothing, yet.

I think they’ve started doing tracking. Certainly internationally I’ve been a member since Aug 2019 or something and last month was the first tracking mail I received.

I think it's great! But it does also suffer from inconsistent shipping from time to time. Usually it's fine though. Pressings are good but it's usually just a different color variant of the release. I know Secretly has a reputation for questionable pressings but I've never had a problem with any SS vinyl. Customer service is top notch though. They're very accommodating if you don't want that months release.

I think it's great! But it does also suffer from inconsistent shipping from time to time. Usually it's fine though. Pressings are good but it's usually just a different color variant of the release. I know Secretly has a reputation for questionable pressings but I've never had a problem with any SS vinyl. Customer service is top notch though. They're very accommodating if you don't want that months release.
All of this. I think the biggest pressing issues are with some of their standard black releases, never have had an issue with the monthly variants. Nothing is going to be audiophile grade per se, but if you like the music the labels focus on it is a great subscription. I have nothing but good things to say about their customer service.

I'm tempted to sign up for three months to get the Jason Molina record, I do want the Khruangbin/Leon Bridges EP but I'm going not keen to effectively pay $30 for it! (three months international is $90).

Back