Secretly Society

FYI I believe if you signed up now you would start with next months record not this months Molina

FYI I believe if you signed up now you would start with next months record not this months Molina
Yeah, I noticed that after posting. May get in touch with them to see if it'd be possible to get Molina.

EDIT: Just noticed a post on Reddit saying there's meant to be a black vinyl pressing in spring so will hold tight for now.

I actually thought it was less than 300.

What do you expect from a club that only sends you one copy of the album of the month ;).
It shows that despite the hype about vinyl resurgence pressing numbers for many indie releases are far from those of tge big reissue campaigns

It shows that despite the hype about vinyl resurgence pressing numbers for many indie releases are far from those of tge big reissue campaigns
So are we to take from this that a standard ROTM from them such as next months Khruangbin/Leon Bridges Coke Bottle Clear Vinyl has only had around 450 pressed?

Back in the early days Enoch asked them about pressing numbers of SS releases. They wouldn't give out exact numbers but said it was the most limited version of each release.

How do people generally like SS? Considering joining it for a few months. Their releases seem hit or miss for me and not sure what albums are coming out on Secretly any time soon...can you swap for any older SS release if you don't like the ROTM?

How do people generally like SS? Considering joining it for a few months. Their releases seem hit or miss for me and not sure what albums are coming out on Secretly any time soon...can you swap for any older SS release if you don't like the ROTM?

There are some duds here and there, and the mock-ups sometimes don't look much like what you actually receive, but overall I am very happy with my SS subscription. It's relatively cheap comparatively, you get small pressing size releases, and I've discovered many artists that I wouldn't have listened to otherwise. Most of the pressings are good/very good (especially at the price point) and yes you can swap if you don't like the ROTM. Bundling other store purchases with your ROTM package for free shipping and the occasional sale price for members only is nice too.

Looking at the last years they seem to Split releases evenly over the three labels with 4 from each
Edit: 2019 had 5 dead oceans releases and only 3 from jagjaguar

Last edited:
There are some duds here and there, and the mock-ups sometimes don't look much like what you actually receive, but overall I am very happy with my SS subscription. It's relatively cheap comparatively, you get small pressing size releases, and I've discovered many artists that I wouldn't have listened to otherwise. Most of the pressings are good/very good (especially at the price point) and yes you can swap if you don't like the ROTM. Bundling other store purchases with your ROTM package for free shipping and the occasional sale price for members only is nice too.
This. Adding that you can swap for almost anything in stock in the Secretly Store not have just older ROTMs.

Also just be forwarded that usually the last couple months of the year are usually albums that came out earlier that year.

This. Adding that you can swap for almost anything in stock in the Secretly Store not have just older ROTMs.

Also just be forwarded that usually the last couple months of the year are usually albums that came out earlier that year.
I jmped i and joined for a year with their black friday Deal which was to good to pass up. But that is the only problem i saw i the last years that they tend to pick some releases after they came out. Makes me hesitant to pre-order sumney or Destroyer in the moment
They immediatly went and let my discounted sub start in January, so i could pass on the durand Jones i already had

I jmped i and joined for a year with their black friday Deal which was to good to pass up. But that is the only problem i saw i the last years that they tend to pick some releases after they came out. Makes me hesitant to pre-order sumney or Destroyer in the moment
They immediatly went and let my discounted sub start in January, so i could pass on the durand Jones i already had
I'm guessing they do those at the end of the year because there's such a lull in New albums coming out. But those would be the good months for reissues.

Reactions: Jan
I'm guessing they do those at the end of the year because there's such a lull in New albums coming out. But those would be the good months for reissues.
Yeah they got negative feedback on FB about doing records months after their initial release during the last few months of the year, so hoping that they learn and focus on reissues (like they did with Angel Olsen) this year during Nov/Dec/Jan.

Back