RSD 2020

Haha! Luckily my local isnt as popular as some of the big record shops here in the UK!
Right on! Godspeed.

TBH, I have done this this the past 3 years and have usually gotten everything on my list. That being said, I was on the fence on RSD Black Friday this past year and didn’t decide to head the my LRS until it opened. At that point the line was already heading around the block and I had to wait like an hour to get into the store but you know what, I still ended up getting everything on my list. So I probably would be alright either way but I would rather sit outside in the dark for 5 hours.

My local has a cool deal where they give you a time and you arrive 5 minutes before. They bring you in and you're allowed in one section for 5 minutes. Then they move you to the next section. They say to expect to be there 30 minutes. My problem is I only want one thing. I got a time in the morning but I'm not sure I'm going to bother. I can't buy multiple things right now. I just want that one record and don't want to stay for 30 minutes if they don't have the one I wanted.

My local has a cool deal where they give you a time and you arrive 5 minutes before. They bring you in and you're allowed in one section for 5 minutes. Then they move you to the next section. They say to expect to be there 30 minutes. My problem is I only want one thing. I got a time in the morning but I'm not sure I'm going to bother. I can't buy multiple things right now. I just want that one record and don't want to stay for 30 minutes if they don't have the one I wanted.

I would give them a buzz to see if they have what you want! I know my store has all but one (the thing they don't have is fine I don't mind not getting it)

I'm all sorted. My local didn't want people in on the day because it's only a small shop and he wanted people to be able to avoid queuing because of Covid, so he's kept a small amount of stock back but has sold most of it over the last week or so and .hes been telling anyone who will listen not to come today.

@Lacubrious - How did you go with your RSD in Melbourne? Mine ended up going really well! 🙌

I fell asleep at 11:30pm and woke up 7:30am and was like “omg, I missed out on the midnight drops”. However, I remembered how I went to Heartland Records ages ago for RSD, and checked their site/Facebook page! Ends up they are taking orders in person from 8am and they didn’t put any stock online yet! 👀

So I left around 8:30am and got to Heartland Records like at 9:15am! I was pretty confident I wouldn’t get stopped by police! I got Magnum, Bone-Thugs-N Harmony, Billie Eilish and Tyler The Creator! They had everything I wanted in stock! And the owner of that place is so nice, I love him! 🥰

Then I got brunch and went to Goldmine Records in Fitzroy to pick up my flattened records and a few other stuff. Then guess what.....on the way home, I dodged the police! I was Punt Road and saw them blocking off Nepean Highway, so I did a U-turn and went another way! Baby Monster did it and escaped! 🙉🙌🙌🙌😜

Also, Discrepancy Records is so much more expensive compared to Heartland Records! These are the prices I paid:

Billie Eilish live At Third Man - $40
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - $40
Magnum’s Fully Loaded - $50
Tyler, The Creator - Cherry Bomb - $55

At Discrepancy Records, these were the prices:

Billie Eilish live at Third Man - $57.99
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - $57.99
Magnum’s Fully Loaded - $54.99
Tyler The Creator’s Cherry Bomb - $79.99

Even though all those titles were sold out at Discrepancy Records, I’m so glad I didn’t buy anything from there, and went to Heartland Records instead! 😊👍

Like Tyler The Creator was $25 more and Billie Eilish and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony $18 more. I saved over $60 just on those titles by going to Heartland Records. Ridiculous, ey?!

Back