RSD 2020

Have you seen anything more about this? I’m planning to go to Music Millennium on Saturday but not sure what time to get there. I haven’t seen anything yet on their facebook page or instagram.
Got an email yesterday saying they're opening at 8am. I'll probably get there a couple hours early. If it looks like too much of a zoo, might head to 2nd ave. They open at 8am too, feel like I should support them too. Stopped by yesterday and they asked if I was coming in, kinda feeling like a regular.

Haha! Luckily my local isnt as popular as some of the big record shops here in the UK!
Right on! Godspeed.

TBH, I have done this this the past 3 years and have usually gotten everything on my list. That being said, I was on the fence on RSD Black Friday this past year and didn’t decide to head the my LRS until it opened. At that point the line was already heading around the block and I had to wait like an hour to get into the store but you know what, I still ended up getting everything on my list. So I probably would be alright either way but I would rather sit outside in the dark for 5 hours.

My local has a cool deal where they give you a time and you arrive 5 minutes before. They bring you in and you're allowed in one section for 5 minutes. Then they move you to the next section. They say to expect to be there 30 minutes. My problem is I only want one thing. I got a time in the morning but I'm not sure I'm going to bother. I can't buy multiple things right now. I just want that one record and don't want to stay for 30 minutes if they don't have the one I wanted.

My local has a cool deal where they give you a time and you arrive 5 minutes before. They bring you in and you're allowed in one section for 5 minutes. Then they move you to the next section. They say to expect to be there 30 minutes. My problem is I only want one thing. I got a time in the morning but I'm not sure I'm going to bother. I can't buy multiple things right now. I just want that one record and don't want to stay for 30 minutes if they don't have the one I wanted.

I would give them a buzz to see if they have what you want! I know my store has all but one (the thing they don't have is fine I don't mind not getting it)

Has anyone wrote up a list for stores doing online with times yet?

Love to see it

Found a handful of info

Amoeba - 08/29 @ 1PM EST

Hi-Voltage Records - 08/29 @ 1PM EST

Turntable Lab - 08/29 @ 1PM EST

Zia Records - 08/29 (I assume) @ 1PM EST

Plaid Room Records - 08/29 @ 4PM EST

Rough Trade - 08/29 @ 5PM EST

Bull Moose - 08/30 @ 8AM EST

I'm all sorted. My local didn't want people in on the day because it's only a small shop and he wanted people to be able to avoid queuing because of Covid, so he's kept a small amount of stock back but has sold most of it over the last week or so and .hes been telling anyone who will listen not to come today.

Back