RSD 2020

That's always the debate. How much before the number handing time to go lol. But better odds than last year when they got 1 Bone Thugs

When the numbers at my store were handed out at 5 am, I was there max 3:45 am and I was 10th in line. No one else was going for what I was going for so we worked together to help everyone. in the front. This year is 7:30 am and 10 am opening. All I do the waiting for is to get my number. Doesn't matter when I line up before because the numbers are enforced!

Music Millennium. I will say they probably get the most stock in town. 2nd ave said they are opening at 8am. Jackpot opens at 10. Depending on how that works at Millennium will dictate where I end up.

They usually have a pretty great set up. I stopped by and asked about it the other day, and they said to keep an eye on the socials for more details this week.

Have you seen anything more about this? I’m planning to go to Music Millennium on Saturday but not sure what time to get there. I haven’t seen anything yet on their facebook page or instagram.

RSD this year is so shit in terms of trying to get what you want! 😭

There are some titles not being shipped overseas due to Coronavirus! 😭😭😭

I want four records and can only see one of them as being listed at all the Melbourne record stores! And the one I know I can get (Billie Eilish), is limited to 17,000 copies LMAO! 🤷‍♂️

I also really wanted to grab Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom, Magnum - Fully Loaded & Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Creepin On Ah Come up! Can’t see any of them and I know those titles, especially Charli XCX and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, will resell for much higher prices on Discogs! 😭

So I think I’m just not gonna bother for this RSD! Looking forward to when it goes back to normal next time! 😊

I want four records and can only see one of them as being listed at all the Melbourne record stores! And the one I know I can get (Billie Eilish), is limited to 17,000 copies LMAO! 🤷‍♂️

I also really wanted to grab Charli XCX - Vroom Vroom, Magnum - Fully Loaded & Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Creepin On Ah Come up! Can’t see any of them and I know those titles, especially Charli XCX and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, will resell for much higher prices on Discogs! 😭

So I think I’m just not gonna bother for this RSD! Looking forward to when it goes back to normal next time! 😊

I think the opposite. This year RSD is really great in France. Many shops had RSD releases on pre-order for a couple of months now and I could purchase every record I wanted. Now I just need to go to my LRS and pick the records I pre-ordered. I wish it would be like this every year as I see this pre-ordering thing as a win-win for both the shop and the record collectors.

I think the opposite. This year RSD is really great in France. Many shops had RSD releases on pre-order for a couple of months now and I could purchase every record I wanted. Now I just need to go to my LRS and pick the records I pre-ordered. I wish it would be like this every year as I see this pre-ordering thing as a win-win for both the shop and the record collectors.
Mmmmmm that’s so good you were able to get what you wanted! I think the releases I want are ones that are more limited and I think the stores in Melbourne didn’t apply for them! I really want that Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Charli XCX & Magnum. I’m hoping I can still somehow get them, but it’s alright if I miss out in the end! No biggie :)

I like the culture of RSD too though! I love the live bands and the excitement of going in the store. It doesn’t have the same exciting feeling, so that’s why I as well I think I’m not liking this years’ RSD.

Alarm set for 4.45am tomorrow to head down to my local to socially distance queue up. Have my list sorted (which is the biggest ive had for a few years for RSD!) and my bank account is ready to take the hit!
Good luck buddy! Hope it all goes smoothly and that you get most of what you’re looking for! 🤞

Nathan. You can get Billie,Charli and BTnH at Discrepancy Records in just over an hour from now.

Nathan. You can get Billie,Charli and BTnH at Discrepancy Records in just over an hour from now.
Omg, thank you so much! I remember reading that they said ‘they may’ have these items in stock. But I just checked and it looks to be confirmed that those titles will be in stock! 🙌

Thank you so much Lacubrious! 😘🤝

So after deciding to not bother this year my local store emailed to confirm they have all my wish list items from way back in March reserved for me to collect at a prebooked slot on Saturday...so that’s me poor then as I spent those funds long ago ..Fair play to them though for initiative and showing common sense
Mine did email preorders. I ordered a little more thinking I don’t get much. Only thing they did not get enough of were the kink kronikles.
Now John Wesley Harding, Ben Lee, Bob Mould, Pogues, Villagers, Kevin Morby and Operation Ivy are waiting for me to be picked up from Monday on. I have to sneak those in someday or my wife will join Morby in saying Oh mon dieu

Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it out to a shop tomorrow, but if anyone can get a hold of the new Devil's Witches release for me, Guns, Drugs, and Filthy Pictures, let me know! I'd really appreciate it!

My store did sign ups for time slots... I accidentally found the sheet before they announced it on instagram and managed to grab a spot in the first hour. They signed up 60 people per hour and I think they are letting 20 people in at a time for 20 minutes. Masks and gloves are required. I'm hoping they spread everything out through the store as it's pretty big if they don't cram all the rsd stuff in the corner like they usually do.

I'm still kinda making my list, I know I want Robyn but I need to listen through everything else to make my final list.

So, uh, Siren Records per chance?

Back