RSD 2020

i personally think allowing people to shop inside for only TWO minutes is wayy too short. other stores are having 15-minute sessions for customers instead, which i think is more reasonable

For me that's the most appealing factor. With store capacities ranging from 15-30 people and BM deciding to do it in groups of 1-5, a 15 minute max with a waitlist may take up half the morning. Ideally this will have people in and out fairly quickly. Assuming each site is organized well and staff are there to help and retrieve, if a person has a list it seems like it should be viable.

If each person got 15 minutes in this set-up I'd be sitting it out and trying my luck online.

(Edit: My assumption is that you get two minutes with the records and the necessary time to check out, gather your belongings, leave, etc. Given BM is only blocking off two hours for RSD only it may be the only viable way)

Last edited:
For me that's the most appealing factor. With store capacities ranging from 15-30 people and BM deciding to do it in groups of 1-5, a 15 minute max with a waitlist may take up half the morning. Ideally this will have people in and out fairly quickly. Assuming each site is organized well and staff are there to help and retrieve, if a person has a list it seems like it should be viable.

If each person got 15 minutes in this set-up I'd be sitting it out and trying my luck online.

(Edit: My assumption is that you get two minutes with the records and the necessary time to check out, gather your belongings, leave, etc. Given BM is only blocking off two hours for RSD only it may be the only viable way)

well, if it’s gonna be rushed like that, they might as well just do only online orders instead.

I like something like this because if you know what you want, like me, I am in and out within max 15 minutes if I am waiting to just pay. Most of the time is waiting to pay.

For those stores doing like a two-minute thing it doesn't seem bad. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but from what I'm gathering for a model like that is: only RSD purchases, two minutes, BUT you're helped along by an employee

If you have a list of what you want and I imagine all the RSD stuff is quick to hand for the employee it would go like this....I want record A....cool we have it, here.....I want record B....Oh, sold out/don't have it.....I want Record C....etc.

Seems like that can be done in two minutes. Plus I doubt they have a timer and when the two minutes hits and you're still in the store then the decontamination protocol goes into effect

I mean, I'm in a country that I don't even think has any record stores, let alone any participating in RSD so it's all online for me

I'm just mentally imagining a Bull Moose employee with some Clorox Spray chasing after a poor customer who hits 2:01 now.

For me, I had assumed either no in person RSD, huge lines, or something like this and this is the most palatable one to me. But my latent agoraphobia never liked the big crowds and murmurs of excitement so I totally get why it's a turn off to others.

I'm just mentally imagining a Bull Moose employee with some Clorox Spray chasing after a poor customer who hits 2:01 now.

For me, I had assumed either no in person RSD, huge lines, or something like this and this is the most palatable one to me. But my latent agoraphobia never liked the big crowds and murmurs of excitement so I totally get why it's a turn off to others.
Clorox? This is COVID, dawg! They're gonna force feed you a peanut butter smothered hydroxychloroquine tab

My store did sign ups for time slots... I accidentally found the sheet before they announced it on instagram and managed to grab a spot in the first hour. They signed up 60 people per hour and I think they are letting 20 people in at a time for 20 minutes. Masks and gloves are required. I'm hoping they spread everything out through the store as it's pretty big if they don't cram all the rsd stuff in the corner like they usually do.

I'm still kinda making my list, I know I want Robyn but I need to listen through everything else to make my final list.

My local store had a raffel to shop in persona for 15 minute segments this Saturday to limit traffic for safety and I won! I'll be scooping the John Prine boxset and Vroom Vroom (essentially the same thing). Anyone have a list of what's being dropped on the individual days this Fall? Edit: The RSD site does of course, dummy.

Last edited:
For me that's the most appealing factor. With store capacities ranging from 15-30 people and BM deciding to do it in groups of 1-5, a 15 minute max with a waitlist may take up half the morning.

Totally. I'm always at the front of the line at my shop and I'm back in my car within ten minutes of the store opening. Two minutes per person is plenty. Those at the front of the line know what they want, and those behind them will have time to make their lists and prepare before their turn begins.

I'm not sure exactly how my store is capping, but I hope it's something similar.

one of the 2 stores i was doing does not have copies of denzel curry or team dresch.. and only less than 5 copies of charli XCX.. guess im doing another store

Kind of weird, one of my top wants for this month of RSD Devil's Witches - Guns, Drugs and Filthy Pictures 10" /1000 popped up as available to buy from a bunch of big retailers :oops: but still unavailable from any actual indie shops I could find in the US.

It's already been on Target, Amazon, Best Buy, Deepdiscount, popmusic, fye etc. for a couple days.

I thought this would be my 2nd toughest release to get behind Bone Thugs but ended up getting it for under $30 from Deepdiscounts which felt a little dirty but was a good amount cheaper then I was expecting to spend on it.

One store by me posted their list today and have 5 Bone Thugs so feel somewhat hopeful I can get one?

They open at 10 and are handing out numbers at 8 and RSD titles will be outside (for those tracking protocols)

Back