RSD 2020

For FM those will probably go fast. Bowie sold 10k clear copies of Blackstar on preorder day. And that was before he died.
Nah, they were all sitting around at Barnes and Nobles until he died, and then they disappeared in half a day. Or were there different lots on pre-orders vs that?

Nah, they were all sitting around at Barnes and Nobles until he died, and then they disappeared in half a day. Or were there different lots on pre-orders vs that?

There was a separate batch of B&N exclusve that weren't available until release day(2 days before he died)

There was a separate batch of B&N exclusve that weren't available until release day(2 days before he died)
Oh ok, do you know how many of those were pressed?

I got one and it was quite off center, went back and exchanged it for another, same problem. Then he died and I tried to go back for another, and they were gone everywhere. I ended up trading it for a black since they were pressed at RTI and it ended up being super dished. Made that guys month though. 😂

Oh ok, do you know how many of those were pressed?

I got one and it was quite off center, went back and exchanged it for another, same problem. Then he died and I tried to go back for another, and they were gone everywhere. I ended up trading it for a black since they were pressed at RTI and it ended up being super dished. Made that guys month though. 😂

IIRC there were 2k for B&N. I'm not sure if that 8k on the Bowie site and 2k B&N or if it's 12k total.

Local shop posted what they have. I might go for Boys Next Door. The number of copies is in parentheses.

Record Store Day September Drops arrivals: Alarm, Allman Brothers(10), Badflower(2), Bayside(2), Big L, Black Crowes(5), Boys Next Door(3), Lenny Bruce, Solomon Burke, Canned Heat(2), Brandi Carlile(5), Don Cherry(2), Chon, Willie Colon/Hector Lavoe, Jesse Dayton, Dead South, Death Piggy(pre-Gwar)(30), Dinosaur Jr.(2), Doors(10), Durutti Column, Bill Evans(3), Lee Fields, Fleetwood Mac(18), Jerry Garcia(10), Jimmy Giuffre(3), Ellie Goulding(2), Graves at Sea, Gun Club, Screamin' Jay Hawkins--What That...(3), Screamin' Jay Hawkins--Because Is...(3), Jimi Hendrix(6), Allan Holdsworth(2), Hootie and the Blowfish(3), Hot Rats, Hunny, Shooter Jennings(3), Corb Lund, Paul McCartney(5), Meat Puppets, Melanie(2), Chuck Mosley(4), Mott the Hoople(2), Murs, Nahko & Medicine for People, Nas(2), Night Beats, Notorious Big, Parish Hall, Dave Pike, Natalie Prass(3), Primus(14), Ramones(5), Replacements(10), Residents, Rolling Stones(10), Son Volt, Britney Spears(10), Squirrel Nut Zippers(3), Tegan and Sara(5), Johnny Thunders & Wayne Kramer, Tove Lo, Unrighteous Brothers(3), Wale, Summer Walker, Roger Waters(10), Mike Watt(2), Hank Williams(3), Wurm, Camille Yarborough(7), and Yardbirds. Soundtracks and Various Artists: Batman & Robin, Mortal Kombat(5), Dark Crystal Path of Resistance(3), X-Files the Truth(5), Dance Craze(2), Hackers(3), Hi Tide Groove, I Save Latin! Tribute to Wes Anderson, Nativity in Black(5), Psyche France Vol 6, This Are Two Tone, and Behind The Dykes: Beat, Blues and Psychedelic Nuggets from The Lowlands 1964-1972.

If anybody was still looking for that Bastille from the August drop, Newbury has two copies left.

Back