RSD 2020

Awesome that this includes “Out Go the Lights.” One of my favorite Spoon songs, although from one of their most overlooked albums.

Counterpoint: two compilations but neither includes “Lines in the Suit” (my personal favorite)!

At least this one has “I Summon You.” That’s such a crucial track.

Would the fact that this was fan voted sway you at all?
These would arguably the “deep cuts” that should be included if you were putting together a 2xLP Spoon Greatest His album and some of my favorites are on here. It’s a weird album for from a marketing standpoint. If you are a casual fan then the Greatest Hits would be the way to go and if you are a super fan then you probably have these songs on vinyl already but If you are a completist I suppose this would be up your alley. I just don’t think of Spoon as a Greatest Hits type band. Journey, REO Speedwagon, post-Pinkerton Weezer? Sure! but Spoon make great albums.

Last edited:
These would arguably the “deep cuts” that should be included if you were putting together a 2xLP Spoon Greatest His album and some of my favorites are on here. It’s I’m a weird album for from a marketing standpoint. If you are a casual fan then the Greatest Hits would be the way to go and if you are a fan then you probably already have these songs on vinyl already but If you are a completist I suppose this would be up your alley. I just don’t think of Spoon as a Greatest Hits type band. Journey, REO Speedwagon, post-Pinkerton Weezer? Sure! but Spoon make great albums.

it's a good thing I have time to decide LOL

it's a good thing I have time to decide LOL
I guess my point would be if you miss out on something or had to make a choice I would be less heartbroken missing out on this because there is nothing here you could not find elsewhere for a reasonable price. Bottom line though, I think everyone should buy all the Spoon records they are fucking great and deserve the $$$.

I guess my point would be if you miss out on something or had to make a choice I would be less heartbroken missing out on this because there is nothing here you could not find elsewhere for a reasonable price. Bottom line though, I think everyone should buy all the Spoon records they are fucking great and deserve the $$$.
Love Spoon. Saw them last year. They opened for Beck and then Cage The Elephant. Personally wish they played a longer set!

Love Spoon. Saw them last year. They opened for Beck and then Cage The Elephant. Personally wish they played a longer set!
I almost went to that (but I am not a big Cage The Elephant guy and haven’t been too keen on Becks last couple albums) that being said I did manage to grab the Beck 7” with his cover of “ I Turn My Camera On” I wish the flip side woulda been Spoon covering “Devils Haircut” or something but whatever, it’s still a fun 45.

See this is hard for me because inarguably all this songs on both greatest hit comps are amazing but also there are like 5 Spoon albums that don’t have a bad track on em. I personally would be hard pressed to pull the trigger on this, vinyl is such an album oriented medium. I would rather save the greatest hits for streaming.
Buy the records. They hold up and are all at least very good... And with some of the best recorded guitar"sound" out there

EDIT: I'm gonna pull this request off the table, after thinking about it a bit, that's a lot to ask of anyone from a monetary standpoint. I'll take my chances on the day after sales on line. Thanks :)

I don't know if a "Help" thread was started somewhere or if we're using this same thread. As per usual my small shops don't ever have enough of anything, I'm only looking for one thing from the August drop, the Philip Glass Essentials box set.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

1597758968348.png

Last edited:
I don't know if a "Help" thread was started somewhere or if we're using this same thread. As per usual my small shops don't ever have enough of anything, I'm only looking for one thing from the August drop, the Philip Glass Essentials box set.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. :)
View attachment 61975

Don't know if they ship to US and how much it may cost though.

Don't know if they ship to US and how much it may cost though.
Thanks, Bullmouse also has it listed. I'm just not sure how to hedge my bets on this one, I don't think it's going to be as in demand as other releases, but there are only 1500, so I may be way off in my assumption. It is $100+ release, so will that curb interest? We'll just have to see how this plays out, most likely after RSD when retailers let loose to the general public through their sites.

EDIT: See previous/original post.
I just figured if someone was out and about and saw it sitting there, they could do me a solid............btw, if anyone does, I'll PP/Venmo you the money IMMEDIATELY ;)

Last edited:
would ya'll recommend this RSD John Prine atlantic albums? Just looking to get into him for the first time so not sure how often these get pressed...
that and Galaxie 500 are the only things i'm gonna be going for i think
They’re being issued individually next month as well, if that impacts your sense of urgency/RSD shopping list.

would ya'll recommend this RSD John Prine atlantic albums? Just looking to get into him for the first time so not sure how often these get pressed...
that and Galaxie 500 are the only things i'm gonna be going for i think
It is one of the things I am targeting but from what I have read, all the albums are also being released individually after RSD so if you aren’t a huge fan or wanna spend you $ on things only available that day it would be something to take into account.

It is one of the things I am targeting but from what I have read, all the albums are also being released individually after RSD so if you aren’t a huge fan or wanna spend you $ on things only available that day it would be something to take into account.
I’m like 99.9% positive they’re the same pressing but man would I like to confirm that somewhere.

Back