RSD 2020

Thanks! I was hoping you'd respond because we're in the same hood, but I didn't want to put you on the spot...

I am interested in both Gorillaz titles (which I didn't see on the HVR site RSD list), the Who Odds & Sods, and the Wipers Is This Real anniversary press. Let me know if there's too much overlap. Thanks!
Zero overlap. I am going for Space Hog, Robyn, Midland, and maybe the John Prine Boxset.

High Voltage usually posts images of everything they get in for RSD on Facebook prior and lots of times it’s already been priced. I just scrolled through their FB Photos and nothing has been posted as of yet but I will keep a look out.

Edit: I just went to their site and saw the RSD 2020 section. They are probably just posting everything there this year (makes sense). I bet they will add more as they get the items in stock. With the FB post they usually would add stuff as they received it in stock.

Last edited:
Zero overlap. I am going for Space Hog, Robyn, Midland, and maybe the John Prine Boxset.

High Voltage usually posts images of everything they get in for RSD on Facebook prior and lots of times it’s already been priced. I just scrolled through their FB Photos and nothing has been posted as of yet but I will keep a look out.

Edit: I just went to their site and saw the RSD 2020 section. They are probably just posting everything there this year (makes sense). I bet they will add more as they get the items in stock. With the FB post they usually would add stuff as they received it in stock.

Awesome, man. Thank you! I will be in touch with you more this week. I can get you some cash prior to the day if we can sort our schedules.

I would be interested in Bone Thugs if anyone happens to come across one. Won’t be able to make the August drop.

I literally have zero locals that participate in RSD. If anyone is able to snag a Spacehog they dont want, i am your guy. Figure the gorillaz releases will be easy to come by with those kind of numbers.

I have a contact looking out for me to find the Alex Lahey for Australlia RSD.
Also why are there some releases with NO quantity numbers. Like the Biffy Clyro. Does anyone know how limited that one is?

My local finally announced their game plan for RSD and unfortunately I don’t find it acceptable: they’ll put all RSD titles away in the artists’ respective sections, rather than have a standalone display for RSD releases. The store is relatively big so their goal is to disperse store goers enough to make the event safe, but I’m not confident that’ll work as intended (I still think it’ll be a clusterfuck). 😐

My local finally announced their game plan for RSD and unfortunately I don’t find it acceptable: they’ll put all RSD titles away in the artists’ respective sections, rather than have a standalone display for RSD releases. The store is relatively big so their goal is to disperse store goers enough to make the event safe, but I’m not confident that’ll work as intended (I still think it’ll be a clusterfuck). 😐
One of my locals has always done this. They're the last in the area to open, so it's not too bad to approach it as a know-what-you're-grabbing type thing. Only reason I got a Bowie release one year was because I knew their stacks well enough.

My local for the first time ever allows to send them wishes for sad, once they know what they get you get an email with a timeslot and the releases they could get for you

Sounds like one local in my area is going to have people show up for tickets with a time to come back to spread the crowds out. I'm guessing there will just be a line to get tickets, so not sure how great that will work.

This RSD is gonna be... weird for me. I’m visiting my girlfriends cousin in Ohio that’s been cooped up in his apartment since COVID started. However, I’m then gonna be going to a few stores near his place to try and get what I want.

The biggest store near them is asking to bring a list of records you want to the door at 8, and then they’ll call after 10 to let you know when the records can be picked up, and it goes in sequential order of who gets their list in the stores hands first.

Waiting on what my store is set to do, but in the past 5 am numbers were passed out and then at 8 they let us in by number. Not sure if that's the case this year or not. Probably will be claim your spot with a chair and stay in the car.

Everyone - if you want, head to this thread if you have any “SEEKING/HELP” requests:

Everyone - if you want, head to this thread if you have any “SEEKING/HELP” requests:

Bless you for making this!!!

I think I should have an easy shot at what I want, but I may post there in case. The main thing I would need help with is an international release. I have that pretty much a done deal with a new friend offsite.

The local shop I usually go to for RSD is having their building renovated, another shop is online only (going live Saturday at 1) and I have no idea what the others are doing, so there’s a good chance I won’t have to line up this year (which is good because active COVID cases are surging in my city rn).

Back