RSD 2020

I won't say anything bad about the shop in general, especially if it's anyones local. I got refunded without issue, I'm just sour because I stopped looking for something thinking I secured it and now it's over $100 on discogs. (Luckily found one on Ebay for a little more than I paid to import the UK copy) Thanks for sharing that about the Neil Swainson, it's interesting some shops seem to do this.
Yeah, I completely understand your point. Its the shop securing more sales over the customer and its just not on, especially when you wont be able to get it elsewhere for the same price.

That listing was from Piranha Records, which always posts things for retail on Ebay, if not cheaper than most places. Then, they also do these crazy listings ALL for that price. I wonder if those aren't listings where someone wants it and they put it up that way with a best offer, so they can use the ebay platform to sell it to that specific person and keep everyone else far away.

Yeah they had a bunch of RSD titles listed for that price for a little while before removing them all, so I'm pretty sure it was just their placeholder for "we don't actually have this in stock," so that whatever system they use to make ebay listings wouldn't result in them accidentally selling a copy of something they don't have. Still gave me a good chuckle though!

Stonebone
Did anyone get one?
I think I will check my local tomorrow.

Last time I checked, this was everywhere in Europe
Its insane to me that it's still widely available (theres lots listed at a decent price on discogs as well). Its a mega rare record, never seen a reissue until now, with a killer line-up, and fantastic playing.

Link below has the black 2LP version of Neal Casal NOT the green RSD release. Comes out to about $65 shipped to the US which is better than the ebay prices for the RSD release last I checked.
FargoMafia site was a good discovery. They have a series of short articles about the album with interviews from some people involved in its making.

Neal Casal- Fade Away Diamond Time

Discogs release info:
Neal Casal- Fade Away Diamond Time

Sold out but thank you

Is anyone's local Good Records in Texas?

I ordered 2 records from them. They came well packed with no damage to the box. Both records were sandwiched between 2 cardboard fillers. One record is in perfect condition. The other has a massive crease, the type where it looks like it's been folded. It's not subtle and was clearly knowingly packaged with this damage since there is zero chance it happened it transit. They just tried to slip it by.

I hit them up to tell them I'm looking to send the damaged copy back for a refund. The owner responded that if I send BOTH back, then he'll work on a refund, because he can sell them in the shop.

I just messaged him to let him know that I'll be waiting on a return label to send the damaged record back, only, and to let me know if that's going to work or if I should start filing my PayPal dispute.

What kind of bullshit is this?

Is this typical?

Last edited:

I ordered 2 records from them. They came well packed with no damage to the box. Both records were sandwiched between 2 cardboard fillers. One record is in perfect condition. The other has a massive crease, the type where it looks like it's been folded. It's not subtle and was clearly knowingly packaged with this damagen since there is zero chance it happened it transit. They just tried to slip it by.

I hit them up to tell them I'm looking to send the damaged copy back for a refund. The owner responded that if I send BOTH back, then he'll work on a refund, because he can sell them in the shop.

I just messaged him to let him know that I'll be waiting on a return label to send the damaged record back, only, and to let me know if that's going to work or if I should start filing my PayPal dispute.

@slugr8 ...isn’t this the store you got my shirt from ?

I ordered 2 records from them. They came well packed with no damage to the box. Both records were sandwiched between 2 cardboard fillers. One record is in perfect condition. The other has a massive crease, the type where it looks like it's been folded. It's not subtle and was clearly knowingly packaged with this damage since there is zero chance it happened it transit. They just tried to slip it by.

Is this typical?
some shops have integrity and won't sell damaged items unless heavily discounted, some shops are down with the f**kery and no fux are given and will ship regardless if item is damaged. :mad:

Last edited:
some shops have integrity and won't sell damaged items unless heavily discounted, some shops are down with the f**kery and no fux are given and will ship regardless if item is damaged. :mad:

Definitely. I'm really just asking of it's typical of this particular shop.

Twist & Shout in Denver emailed me over a record during the last drop to tell me about damage thet noticed and check if I still wanted it. Plaidroom responded to me getting a seam split by asking if I wanted to ship it back for a full refund or just take a partial. This clown just responded that he "wants to get both" of my records back "as per" his previous email. Well, I'm bout to fuck you up through PayPal as per MY previous email.

I bought these, so they are now my property. If I want to play my record, I own it. So, he's demanding that I send him something I own, which is completely disconnected to the other product I received damaged from them, or I can't get reimbursement for it. Meanwhile, it seems that he expects me to cover the shipping, because I'm still not seeing that return label. I can't send anything back, because, at this point, I can't even trust that I will be refunded.

It's just a shitty, vindictive, and childish card to try and play just because you were called out. It's also delusional to believe he has the leverage in this situation to try and pull that.

Back