RSD 2020

That Koyaanisqatsi is in very high demand...almost tempted to ask you to get it for me so I can be sure to get a copy, but I *should* have one on the way to me already so I'll be a reasonable person for once (just this once).
It’s $42, which seemed high. But I see it’s over $100 on Discogs now.

I am genuinely astonished as to how many people actually wanted Cinderella's Heartbreak Station.

I was hoping I might've been the only one :(
Hoping for a general black reissue at this point, unless anyone has any leads...

I am genuinely astonished as to how many people actually wanted Cinderella's Heartbreak Station.

I was hoping I might've been the only one :(
Hoping for a general black reissue at this point, unless anyone has any leads...

That album is the great lost hair metal/blues album.
I’m in the same boat...someone will sell their copy and...

It’s $42, which seemed high. But I see it’s over $100 on Discogs now.

Yeah that's about right, I was seeing it hover between 38-40 at most places, and I paid $47 I think. I have high hopes for the quality of the pressing...but it wouldn't be hard to improve on the old pressing I have now. I was keeping an eye on ebay listings over the weekend when I was looking for a copy, and a few copies sold for $130-150, which I'm sure will go down as time passes, but still, crazy.

(and then there was the one listing I saw for $696,969...)

Yeah that's about right, I was seeing it hover between 38-40 at most places, and I paid $47 I think. I have high hopes for the quality of the pressing...but it wouldn't be hard to improve on the old pressing I have now. I was keeping an eye on ebay listings over the weekend when I was looking for a copy, and a few copies sold for $130-150, which I'm sure will go down as time passes, but still, crazy.

(and then there was the one listing I saw for $696,969...)

That listing was from Piranha Records, which always posts things for retail on Ebay, if not cheaper than most places. Then, they also do these crazy listings ALL for that price. I wonder if those aren't listings where someone wants it and they put it up that way with a best offer, so they can use the ebay platform to sell it to that specific person and keep everyone else far away.

I didn't pick up the Miles (in fact, I haven't picked up anything this RSD), so I don't know how scarce it is. But - being fully cognizant that not everyone here buys CDs and/or that there may be a compulsion to have it on vinyl - keep in mind, that all of these tracks have long been available on The Complete Bitches Brews Sessions (also available streaming) and it can still currently be purchased. Just throwing out other options here in case anyone is fretting.

Last edited:
DO NOT order RSD stuff from RecordstoreX, they sell stuff without having stock in and then cancel once they realize how Record Store Day actually works. This was my experience at least.
As much as I love them and have never had an issue before, my local has also been selling RSD items without having them in hand. Last month I was waiting on the 'Neil Swainson Quintet - 49th Parallel' from them and messaged to ask for an update only to be told that it was on backorder and they were waiting for it to arrive (which it eventually did).

After ordering the 'Miles Davis - Double Image' and 'J.J Johnson / Kai Winding - Stonebone' on Saturday I have not heard anything and the order status has not changed (although it has only been a few days so I will give them the benefit of the doubt here). Doesn't seem to be as bad as your example though, cancelling after realising you oversold it just shady.

As much as I love them and have never had an issue before, my local has also been selling RSD items without having them in hand. Last month I was waiting on the 'Neil Swainson Quintet - 49th Parallel' from them and messaged to ask for an update only to be told that it was on backorder and they were waiting for it to arrive (which it eventually did).

After ordering the 'Miles Davis - Double Image' and 'J.J Johnson / Kai Winding - Stonebone' on Saturday I have not heard anything and the order status has not changed (although it has only been a few days so I will give them the benefit of the doubt here). Doesn't seem to be as bad as your example though, cancelling after realising you oversold it just shady.
I won't say anything bad about the shop in general, especially if it's anyones local. I got refunded without issue, I'm just sour because I stopped looking for something thinking I secured it and now it's over $100 on discogs. (Luckily found one on Ebay for a little more than I paid to import the UK copy) Thanks for sharing that about the Neil Swainson, it's interesting some shops seem to do this.

Back