Recommend Me an Album from 2019

So this is a folk album by an Irish artist called Anna Mieke. It’s her debut album and I really like it, it’s beautiful!

This is great, very beautiful.

Emily Scott Robinson- Traveling Mercies (Americana/Folk)

I was not prepared for this at all, fantastic album. Nearly reminded me of Kacey Musgraves, but absolutely heartbreaking.

Some of my picks. You said you might have overlooked the obvious so I'm including the obvious:

- Parekh & Singh - Science City (link to bandcamp) - genre: dreampop

- Kalax - III (link to bandcamp) - genre: synthwave

- Bastille - Doom Days - genre: pop

- Thom Yorke - Anima - genre: electronic

I've at least heard Anima, haha! There was no way I was missing that one. The other three are completely new to me tho! I remember Bastille being big a few years ago but never kept up with them so interested to hear what that sounds like.

Rhiannon Giddens with Francesco Turrisi - There Is No Other

Here Riannon joins with an Irish based Italian multi instrumentalist to connect traditional folk forms with African and Arabic sounds, it’s pretty magic

I have that coming from nonesuch. I’ve been real good and not listened to it, looking forward to it.

This just dropped today, these guys are one of my favs psych rock groups doing it rn, out of Australia again. If you like this definitely go back and give their last album Honey Bones a listen. This music is just so chill it’s hard to not like it

Back