Recommend Me an Album from 2019

This one came out in late February, and it is still my favorite album of the year. Dream Pop/Indie Rock with a little bit of a Texas twist. I still listen to this one pretty much daily, and I'm not even remotely tired of it. In fact, I'm still finding new things in these songs that I love with each listen. The whole thing is very strong for me, but the run of songs that make up the second half is just perfection.

Okay so off the back of my lunchtime listening I’ve already ordered Black Pumas and Durand Jones. Plus I also realised I’d not got round to getting Mark De Clive Lowe Heritage I & II. So what was meant to be a quiet month, hasn’t started too well!

But as always, it’s brilliant to get others pointing me to music I wouldn’t ordinarily have stumbled across! (y)

Art rock (sounds like an anime opening song)

Thanks for the recommend on this one, I'm really enjoying it!

Japan's music scene has been killing it lately. If you haven't heard it already, I also highly recommend Otoboke Beaver's debut album/compilation. They've been around a while, but released an album of old and new work recently. Really fun and furious punk/hardcore.

Thanks for the recommend on this one, I'm really enjoying it!

Japan's music scene has been killing it lately. If you haven't heard it already, I also highly recommend Otoboke Beaver's debut album/compilation. They've been around a while, but released an album of old and new work recently. Really fun and furious punk/hardcore.

I really need to listen to this. It seems like something I would love.

So this is a folk album by an Irish artist called Anna Mieke. It’s her debut album and I really like it, it’s beautiful!

Kishi Bashi - Omoiyari

I'm going try to be as cool as @gaporter and attempt to listen to as many of these albums as I can.

First up - Anna Mieke. I can tell within seconds that this is not a passive listen. I am at work right now and couldn't pay as much attention as this needs. I'm saving this for an evening listen. @Joe Mac - I think the minimalistic feel of this is similar to an album I really loved in 2017 that flew under nearly everyone's radar: Ethan Gruska - Slowmotionary. Give it a try!

Second - Kishi Bashi. He's an artist I always know I like. And so I don't seek him out as much as I should or listen to his new releases right away. There are a few artists I'm like this with. They aren't in my top tier of artists so I don't immediately listen to new releases. I can't explain it. Anyway, I know I like Kishi. I just haven't listened to the album yet. And yep, I love it!!! Summer of '42 was a stand out for me. I love how symphonic it sounds! He is a stunning artist doing beautiful things. I need to move him into my top tier.

Thanks for the recs, @Joe Mac and @tvham !!!

Hey! I was going to post that!

I really like the idea of this thread. For me, there's been an overwhelming amount of music that I have enjoyed, so I'm happy to share!

The punk in me wants to recommend one of many great albums, but I'm going to mix it up and recommend one of the debut albums that caught me off guard.

Admission - I ignored this album because I got The Japanese House and Japanese Breakfast mixed up in my head. 🤪

I really like this! This has a shimmery feel to it that I think @blissfullychaotic and @kvetcha would really enjoy! My only complaint is that it is just a few songs too long. But this jumps into the top 10 of this year for me!

Admission - I ignored this album because I got The Japanese House and Japanese Breakfast mixed up in my head. 🤪

I really like this! This has a shimmery feel to it that I think @blissfullychaotic and @kvetcha would really enjoy! My only complaint is that it is just a few songs too long. But this jumps into the top 10 of this year for me!
I do the same thing with the names, and I fully agree a few tracks could have been cut, but otherwise it's very good!

Back