Pre-Order Thread

sault-5

Sault

5​

Wow! I bought 5, 7 and "Black Is" last year from Europe bc they weren't for sale in the U.S., it was clear they were all selling out, and I didn't know whether they'd ever be repressed. I paid 65 GBP total for all three records plus a very high shipping charge 19.50 GBP, which was irritating.

That was a lot of $, but I love all 3 records. Now that they're here (after a repress), I don't feel too bad if this is what every U.S. retailer will be charging.

Wow! I bought 5, 7 and "Black Is" last year from Europe bc they weren't for sale in the U.S., it was clear they were all selling out, and I didn't know whether they'd ever be repressed. I paid 65 GBP total for all three records plus a very high shipping charge 19.50 GBP, which was irritating.

That was a lot of $, but I love all 3 records. Now that they're here (after a repress), I don't feel too bad if this is what every U.S. retailer will be charging.
Yep. I bought them all from Europe as well and with shipping paid around what you did. I think maybe I'm just missing Rise? But I probably won't bother to try to find it if these are the prices now...

Only a few copies remain of the first pressing of the upcoming IAN SWEET album. I've really enjoyed the singles so far, especially Drink the Lake:

Hey all.

I know this is the pre-order thread but there are some posts talking about my label's releases (and me as a human) and I felt the need to share some thoughts.

1) The Reddit thing. I think the reality of the situation has been a bit distorted. There was a guy who was in two of my threads about two separate releases that I did Wax Mage records for getting mad at me for my solution to "all the bots get the wax mage" that most drops end up being. Is it a perfect solution? Nah. Has anyone else complained? Also no. If someone has a better idea, I'm all ears, but so far no one has had one. No one has to buy two copies of the record, if someone wanted to only buy the WM and not have their standard, that has always been an option and maybe I should have been more forthcoming about that. I didn't "doxx" anyone, I clicked the guy's profile and saw his most recent post was mocking someone else, so I figured out what kind of person that guy was (not someone looking to build me up, but someone looking to just break me down). That said, it was unprofessional of me and I shouldn’t have done it. I try to not let things get to me but I’m human and sometimes my emotions get the best of me.

2) My marketing of "limited to 100" is not as explicitly offensive as some of you are making it out to be, but I'm now seeing in hindsight how it can be confusing. I never have once said "ONLY LIMITED TO 100", rather that it's limited to 100 -- and if it goes over in the time frame, it goes over. That's how QRATES works, it's a crowdfunding site, and I didn't think I had to explain that. Now I'm learning that maybe I should explain that more. If anyone thought there would only be 100 records, and were mad it hit a higher number, they can always ask for a refund. No one is ever locked in to something they can't get out of.

Ultimately I love music, and it has been one of my greatest joys being able to help facilitate these albums being pressed so we can all enjoy them. Am I doing it perfectly? Probably not. I’m new to this world and open to feedback.

If anyone has any issues with me or my label, I'm always open to constructive criticism and discussion. We can all continue to improve, and that's something that I try to do on a regular basis. And if I’m just not your cup of tea and you don’t like me, that’s okay too! But please remember I’m a real person and a real member of this community. Thanks.

Hey all.

I know this is the pre-order thread but there are some posts talking about my label's releases (and me as a human) and I felt the need to share some thoughts.

1) The Reddit thing. I think the reality of the situation has been a bit distorted. There was a guy who was in two of my threads about two separate releases that I did Wax Mage records for getting mad at me for my solution to "all the bots get the wax mage" that most drops end up being. Is it a perfect solution? Nah. Has anyone else complained? Also no. If someone has a better idea, I'm all ears, but so far no one has had one. No one has to buy two copies of the record, if someone wanted to only buy the WM and not have their standard, that has always been an option and maybe I should have been more forthcoming about that. I didn't "doxx" anyone, I clicked the guy's profile and saw his most recent post was mocking someone else, so I figured out what kind of person that guy was (not someone looking to build me up, but someone looking to just break me down). That said, it was unprofessional of me and I shouldn’t have done it. I try to not let things get to me but I’m human and sometimes my emotions get the best of me.

2) My marketing of "limited to 100" is not as explicitly offensive as some of you are making it out to be, but I'm now seeing in hindsight how it can be confusing. I never have once said "ONLY LIMITED TO 100", rather that it's limited to 100 -- and if it goes over in the time frame, it goes over. That's how QRATES works, it's a crowdfunding site, and I didn't think I had to explain that. Now I'm learning that maybe I should explain that more. If anyone thought there would only be 100 records, and were mad it hit a higher number, they can always ask for a refund. No one is ever locked in to something they can't get out of.

Ultimately I love music, and it has been one of my greatest joys being able to help facilitate these albums being pressed so we can all enjoy them. Am I doing it perfectly? Probably not. I’m new to this world and open to feedback.

If anyone has any issues with me or my label, I'm always open to constructive criticism and discussion. We can all continue to improve, and that's something that I try to do on a regular basis. And if I’m just not your cup of tea and you don’t like me, that’s okay too! But please remember I’m a real person and a real member of this community. Thanks.
But.... you’ve known this has been a problem for like.... 9 months

08177777-4668-4429-A88E-367C53D13E3A.jpeg

I'm extremely excited and proud of these two releases that I just put up for pre-order on my label, so I had to share with this thread.

TMR-10: Marcus D - Melancholy Hopeful
(Basically a Nujabes record, same vibe and same collaborators, a true honor to the man's legacy)

TMR-11: TRIIIBE - III AM What III AM
(Neo soul/hip-hop fusion, FFO: Noname, Flatbush Zombies, ATCQ)

But.... you’ve known this has been a problem for like.... 9 months

View attachment 88728

If I'm not mistaken, that's the same release I am getting flak for in this thread. Can you show me where, since then, I've insinuated that things are limited to a specific number and no more?

Back