Pre-Order Thread

A repress I suppose.

That would be disappointing considering they’re both advertised as limited numbered pressings. I would hope it would receive some sort of treatment that would differentiate it from previous versions. Is Mofi known to pull these sort of tricks?

ikaruga OST on vinyl from datadisc

shipping is expensive because from UK

That would be disappointing considering they’re both advertised as limited numbered pressings. I would hope it would receive some sort of treatment that would differentiate it from previous versions. Is Mofi known to pull these sort of tricks?

Mofis go in and out of stock as they get new metal work done after every X records pressed.

Mofis go in and out of stock as they get new metal work done after every X records pressed.
I mean standard yes. To his point both editions here are marketed as limited.

I’m of two minds about this now.

On one side the collector in me wants what other people don’t have so I can hide it in my cave and tease the hobbits with it. Also, if you say 3000 is it, then 3000 it should be.

However, on the other side. Everyone who wants to spend $120 on a one step or uhq should be able to do that. Also, when we start justifying stupid retail prices because well, it’s better than paying the flipper...

As much as everyone bitches about Black Pumas and the endless new editions, there’s something to be said about keeping it in print and clearly differentiating the editions.

Right, but those ones are not advertised as “limited to /xxx copies”. The dire straits ones are numbered but we’re not given a print run and so will likely be repressed as demand arises. However the Johnny Cash one specifically said limited to /4000 copies, if they pressed more than that I’d be upset.

Right, but those ones are not advertised as “limited to /xxx copies”. The dire straits ones are numbered but we’re not given a print run and so will likely be repressed as demand arises. However the Johnny Cash one specifically said limited to /4000 copies, if they pressed more than that I’d be upset.

I believe they get new metal work more often than 1,000. So there will be more Johnny Cash probably.

I believe they get new metal work more often than 1,000. So there will be more Johnny Cash probably.
Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised but it would be deceiving. If VMP got new plates and started repressing past exclusives there would be a good chunk of us up in arms, it’s really no different IMO.

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised but it would be deceiving. If VMP got new plates and started repressing past exclusives there would be a good chunk of us up in arms, it’s really no different IMO.

If they pressed 4,000 but do it over 4 pressings I dont see how thats deceiving. But thats just me.

If they pressed 4,000 but do it over 4 pressings I dont see how thats deceiving. But thats just me.
The Costello/Bacharach was 3000 3 years ago, new version is 2000. Again I’m for keeping shit in print but I think your not understanding the complaint.
They do. I saw a John Lee Hooker with a new obi the other day. But VMP doesn’t surprise me with their stupid.

The Costello/Bacharach was 3000 3 years ago, new version is 2000. Again I’m for keeping shit in print but I think your not understanding the complaint.

They do. I saw a John Lee Hooker with a new obi the other day. But VMP doesn’t surprise me with their stupid.
Oh yeah, they’ve been known to repress the shit out of their monthly’s, I was referring to store exclusives, which I think they may have only done once (in an egregious number) with the whole Weyes Blood snafu, which was understandable.

Back