Pre-Order Thread

When I was a kid there was a house on my street with a sign out front that said "filé for sale" and after a good decade of going past it on a daily basis, one day I just exclaimed "GOD when are they finally gonna sell that file cabinet?" because I spent my whole childhood thinking that's what the sign was advertising. And my parents spent a really long time making fun of me for it.

...idk this is a pretty Louisiana specific thing and not even all that related to what you said but it's what came to mind so y'all're just gonna have to deal with it
Well, it is a french word, just like aubergine. Seems related to me!

Dammit. I’m thinking about just stopping buying shit. This is dumb. I’m gonna miss out on shit I want, why not just miss out on everything.
I feel like a grumpy old woman telling people to get off my lawn when I see the price of some of this vinyl and the manufactured scarcity.
Look... Christ, I've taken you this far... at some point you're just going to have to figure this out amongst yourselves.
@Melt Face Molly Drop rn:
1603370097675.png
I'm reporting you for saying humpy bumpy
Mods rn:

When I was a kid there was a house on my street with a sign out front that said "filé for sale" and after a good decade of going past it on a daily basis, one day I just exclaimed "GOD when are they finally gonna sell that file cabinet?" because I spent my whole childhood thinking that's what the sign was advertising. And my parents spent a really long time making fun of me for it.

...idk this is a pretty Louisiana specific thing and not even all that related to what you said but it's what came to mind so y'all're just gonna have to deal with it
I was walking around the quarter with some people from my grad school class and one of the guys from Ohio saw a sign that said "Gumbo Filé". He read it as Gumbo-file and thought it meant someone who loves gumbo. I thought that was really cute.

Just seen a message from Daniel Norgren to say that Buck is back in stock for the first time in a while. The 2lp set is listed at $25, which is incredibly affordable especially considering that it goes for £55 on Discogs. I shouldn't need to tell you how amazing this guy is....but I will anyway - he is amazing - go buy!

1603373587499.png

1603375070272.png

ab67616d0000b2735c85e88df74f2502996ef0e5.jpeg

I don't think lots of people will be interested in this, but maybe our latin pals will.
Apparently (it seems they're trying to make a Beyonce with this), this Friday this masterpiece will be released on vinyl. There's no info, just the rumor that was sort-of confirmed by one store.

For those who don't know, Fito Paez is one of the biggest rock stars in Latin America and Joaquín Sabina is the second best songwriter from Spain. They made this album together in 1998, they released it, it was hella successful, and they got into a nasty fight because of a ton of shit that nobody really understands today. The songs are amazing, but the lyrics are the best part of this album.

This was the only single (and iirc it took them like ten years to get together and finally play it live).

Back