Pre-Order Thread

ikaruga OST on vinyl from datadisc

shipping is expensive because from UK
OMG!!! I'm a total shmup nerd and the soundtrack to this game is epic.

1603419856297.jpeg

For anyone who buys SACDs and likes Hendrix, this long ago announced gem is finally coming out....

For anyone who will buy it because it is hybrid, but doesn't use an SACD player....keep in mind that the mono is not available on the CD layer.

Speaking of Analogue Productions, I see on Discogs reviews for the UHQR of Aqualung (I didn't buy it but was interested in buyers' experiences), that people received advertisements that the next in the UHQR line-up will be Miles Davis Kind of Blue. I don't know if this was information available elsewhere before this. Fantastic album, but not a great pick IMO. With MOFI having put out a 2LP 45PRM in 2015, I would've liked to have seen something else. I get that the MOFI is OOP now, but, still, I reason that most people who are shelling out for UHQR prices may have very well bought the '15 MOFI. It'd be nice to get something different.

Edit: I saw for the KOB it's supposedly going to be a 1LP 33 RPM @ $100 or 2LP 45 RPM @ $125

Last edited:

This is some HEAVY drone psychgaze stuff. Like Spacemen 3 on horse tranquilizers.

Didn't that also do vinyl releases for the first 3 Gradius titles? Gradius 3 = favorite shmup
no they didn't... they DID do thunderforce IV, Radiant Silvergun, Space Harrier, Afterburner 2 (all sold out), and galaxy force II and thunder blade on a single LP (you can get that one though)

its obvious their main focus is on sega games besides like 2 or 3

you're thinking of brooklyns ship to shore phono company (also i got the preorder date wrong, its on saturday)

no they didn't... they DID do thunderforce IV, Radiant Silvergun, Space Harrier, Afterburner 2 (all sold out), and galaxy force II and thunder blade on a single LP (you can get that one though)

its obvious their main focus is on sega games besides like 2 or 3
I must have been thinking of the company that did some Nintendo and Konami stuff like Mother and Rocket Knight Adventures.

Quick aside: I *HAVE* to slow down on my vinyl purchases, but in the meantime, I am just ridiculously happy with what the last quarter of 2020 has to offer, musically.

Bill Callahan (technically not Q4, but Drag City got it to me late)
William Elliott Whitmore
Matt Berninger
Tom Petty (!)
Nick Cave
War on Drugs
King Gizz (x2!)
John Prine
Sturgill Simpson
Ryley Walker
Richard Edwards (x2!)
with Kurt Vile, Aaron Fraser, and Langhorne Slim to come just after the new year.

+ the only two new artists I've bit on recently, Sasha Sloan and Sam Burton (I think I'm gonna be listening to this one a lot).

Were it not for the notable lack of diversity in that list, I'd say that a preorder run doesn't get much better than that, for my tastes.

In the interest of equal time, I’d like to take a minute to point out that there are now so many variants of the new Nothing album (shipping this week), all primarily available from the band’s site, that I’ve completely lost track of how many there are.
they, well specifically Relapse Records, love doing that. Here's their first album for example. Since I have all their albums I know to just pick a variant that looks cool and just be fine with it.

1603459530998.png

It looks like Target was able to secure some of the "limited quantities" that were available of Beyonce's Homecoming album.

$47.49 out 12/4.

they, well specifically Relapse Records, love doing that. Here's their first album for example. Since I have all their albums I know to just pick a variant that looks cool and just be fine with it.

View attachment 71473
I remember when it was announced there were like 5 variants - and they just keep stacking more. I went to the site to see when it actually comes out and saw the latest bandcamp version, which is pretty nifty.

I remember when it was announced there were like 5 variants - and they just keep stacking more. I went to the site to see when it actually comes out and saw the latest bandcamp version, which is pretty nifty.
yeah they have too many interesting looking ones. I actually forgot which one I got, it was this one.

1603460771791.png

I think they're at a point of diminishing returns with all the variants. Like keep it simple. Do a cool splatter for the extremely limited one /500, maybe a solid color or half/half for the less limited /1000 and then a solid color for the indie exclusive /2000 or something. That's all you need.

When they do countless runs and you see a new pressing months later even cooler than one you already have.... it gets annoying as a fan who isn't a variant collector and would maybe have wanted a different version.

Back