Pre-Order Thread

yeah they have too many interesting looking ones. I actually forgot which one I got, it was this one.

View attachment 71475

I think they're at a point of diminishing returns with all the variants. Like keep it simple. Do a cool splatter for the extremely limited one /500, maybe a solid color or half/half for the less limited /1000 and then a solid color for the indie exclusive /2000 or something. That's all you need.

When they do countless runs and you see a new pressing months later even cooler than one you already have.... it gets annoying as a fan who isn't a variant collector and would maybe have wanted a different version.
I got the same one (just shipped yesterday woo!). I mean it’s cool there’s so many options and being late to the party doesn’t preclude you from getting something fun and weird, it’s just like... wow that is a LOT of variants.

they, well specifically Relapse Records, love doing that. Here's their first album for example. Since I have all their albums I know to just pick a variant that looks cool and just be fine with it.

View attachment 71473
At least those are spread out over a few years, their new one must have about 15 variants straight out the gate.

Edit:

17 and counting - I like how they did a 2nd press before the first was even released :LOL:

SPECIAL EDITION PRESSING INFO (Includes re-sealable mylar bag, 20 page LP size booklet and custom OBI strip):

300 x Picture Disc

200 x Black Inside Milky Clear and Royal Blue Half 'n Half with White and Neon Orange Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

100 x Custom Butterfly Effect with Neon Yellow and Black Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

100 x Clear with Blue and White Alternating Pinwheels and Royal Blue and Neon Yellow Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

DELUXE EDITION PRESSING INFO (includes 20 page LP sized booklet and custom OBI strip):

1,000 x Clear with Black and Royal Blue Smoke and Neon Magenta, Brown and Bone White Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

500 x Oxblood Inside Milky Clear with Oxblood and Red Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

STANDARD LP PRESSING INFO (Includes custom OBI strip):

First Press

3500 x Royal Blue with Metallic Silver and White Splatter Standard Gram

500 x Royal Blue with Neon Magenta and White Color Twist Standard Gram *North America Retail Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

300 x Baby Pink with Royal Blue, Swamp Green and Brown Splatter Standard Gram *Europe and Germany Retail Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

200 x Royal Blue with Bone White Pinwheels and White and Baby Blue Splatter Standard Gram *Europe and UK Retail Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

100 x Clear (Not available to the public - Friends of band and label only)

Second Press

2000 x Neon Orange and Milky Clear Half 'n Half with Neon Orange and Royal Blue Splatter Standard Gram

500 x Black Inside Swamp Green with Brown, Neon Pink and White Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

500 x Neon Pink and Milky Clear Half 'n Half with Neon Pink and Cyan Blue Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

500 x Bloodshot Eye Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive* (Ships on or before release date of 10/30/20)

Plus there is a cool yellow / black splatter one that I pre-ordered from Germany and there is a Philly record store one I think. So that's about 17 so far...

Last edited:
At least those are spread out over a few years, their new one must have about 15 variants straight out the gate.

Edit:
SPECIAL EDITION PRESSING INFO (Includes re-sealable mylar bag, 20 page LP size booklet and custom OBI strip):

300 x Picture Disc

200 x Black Inside Milky Clear and Royal Blue Half 'n Half with White and Neon Orange Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

100 x Custom Butterfly Effect with Neon Yellow and Black Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

100 x Clear with Blue and White Alternating Pinwheels and Royal Blue and Neon Yellow Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

DELUXE EDITION PRESSING INFO (includes 20 page LP sized booklet and custom OBI strip):

1,000 x Clear with Black and Royal Blue Smoke and Neon Magenta, Brown and Bone White Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

500 x Oxblood Inside Milky Clear with Oxblood and Red Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

First Press

500 x Royal Blue with Neon Magenta and White Color Twist Standard Gram *North America Retail Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

300 x Baby Pink with Royal Blue, Swamp Green and Brown Splatter Standard Gram *Europe and Germany Retail Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

200 x Royal Blue with Bone White Pinwheels and White and Baby Blue Splatter Standard Gram *Europe and UK Retail Exclusive* (Not available through Relapse.com)

Second Press

2000 x Neon Orange and Milky Clear Half 'n Half with Neon Orange and Royal Blue Splatter Standard Gram

500 x Black Inside Swamp Green with Brown, Neon Pink and White Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

500 x Neon Pink and Milky Clear Half 'n Half with Neon Pink and Cyan Blue Splatter Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive*

500 x Bloodshot Eye Standard Gram *Relapse.com Exclusive* (Ships on or before release date of 10/30/20)

Plus there is a cool yellow / black splatter one that I pre-ordered from Germany and there is a Philly record store one I think. So that's about 16 so far...
This is too much choice. Like when you go into a diner with a massive menu and have no idea what you want. Like.... this is just too much. This one is cool, but also this one, why is this one 500, but this one 3500 when it's more or less just as interesting of a variant....

tenor.gif

This is too much choice. Like when you go into a diner with a massive menu and have no idea what you want. Like.... this is just too much. This one is cool, but also this one, why is this one 500, but this one 3500 when it's more or less just as interesting of a variant....

tenor.gif
Absolutely. It's a nightmare if you are the collecting type. I confess I bought one deluxe and one special, the uk one and this one NOTHING "The Great Dismal" LP

1603462359756.png

Edit:

17 and counting - I like how they did a 2nd press before the first was even released :LOL:

300 x Picture Disc

First Press

Second Press

Plus there is a cool yellow / black splatter one that I pre-ordered from Germany and there is a Philly record store one I think. So that's about 17 so far...
I can no longer support this kind of chaos

Back