Pre-Order Thread

I know I’m a little late on this convo, but one reason they also might do this is that oddly enough, you can license a 2x45 separately from a single LP. Seems weird, but I remember Shane from Intervention Records explaining this is why he did the Judee Sill records in 45 even though they were short (4MWB has the single LP licenses). So, for example, Mofi probably can’t do a single LP for Raising Hell since VMP has those rights currently.
I'm guessing that's part of it too. I bet Rhino still has the rights for Electric Warrior.

I know it was posted earlier about the first three Elbow albums being re-issued. It also looks like Dead In The Boot and The Take Off And Landing of Everything are getting a re-press on the same day.

There was a blurb on The Sound of Vinyl of how this means that the entire Elbow catalog will be available on vinyl but I can't find Build a Rocket Boys available anywhere (the only one I will need after these two.)

Brought build a rocket boys a few weeks back on sound of vinyl U.K. for £6.99

Oh, I know. I just mean if they still have the license, why haven't they repressed it!?
There are a lot of weird things with reissues. Labels let things go out of print when other reissues are coming out and so on. Trust me, I wish they would reissue the KG cut. I’d really prefer the 33 but it’s more expensive than the MoFi now somehow!

There are a lot of weird things with reissues. Labels let things go out of print when other reissues are coming out and so on. Trust me, I wish they would reissue the KG cut. I’d really prefer the 33 but it’s more expensive than the MoFi now somehow!
Weird is right. The world of contract law and licensing is dense and opaque. Unfortunately it’s rarely as easy as “I have the license so I can do what I want.” You’ll look at everything from geographic limitations, to quantities, format, other package obligations, competitive agreements... the list goes on and on. Because you get the contract for your limited run doesn’t mean you’ll get a modification if you think you want to press more - and if it sold too fast you lose a bit of leverage on pricing.

Oh...I am. And that's one of the reasons I wanted to move to 4K.

Also see this thread...

2nd Annual will be coming in only a few months.

I'll def. hop in on that! I haven't done a 31 days of Halloween for awhile outside of just doing it on my own which is mostly year around anyways haha

Speaking of that your #46 last year is my most anticipated 4k release, it's a huge box set which I hope gets shipped before Halloween.

I look forward to that though, appreciate the heads up!

I’ll say that I knew of them from folks on here and got the album and i liked it but didn’t LOVE it for some of the reasons people here have said. Then in January, my fiancée had to go to Dallas for work and I tagged along at the end of the week for a 3 day weekend. She had looked up record stores and we decided to go to Josie records. Her nickname growing up was Josie so she wanted to get a T-shirt. We showed up and there was randomly a giant poster saying BLACK PUMAS IN-STORE PERFORMANCE TODAY! So we looked around the store for an hour or so and then the band came in. Before the performance Eric came around and shook literally everybody’s hand and talked to them for a minute. He even sat down with some kids there on the floor to talk to them and thank them for coming. Then they played 4-5 songs and blew me away. The live performance really enhances the songs. I left being a bigger fan of them and found myself recommending them to more people.
Chalk me up for one who doesn't get the hype about them on this board, and apparently everywhere else.

I had the album pre-ordered, it came warped, returned it and didn't want a replacement. IMO it's mediocre (at best) neo soul music with killer anesthetics and style over substance. Reminds me of that wanna be watered down The National band from Australia that people were gaga for over at the old place.

According to Disk Union a new repress of Samourai Champloo is coming. I don't know if this is a legit reissue or another bootleg. It might be available from another shops soon too (Disk Union doesn't ship out of Japan).

If you can't wait, you can have Samourai Shampoo:

1597044651714.png

Ok sorry....

1597066650817.png

View attachment 60895

Beat me on this one. :). Also a 45rpm and a EP from Colemine Label.

Last edited:
E20F0577-1D48-497A-B830-6D63A948D354.jpeg

47C7C1E0-AE03-40C6-BCC1-0C93FC9368F7.jpeg

View attachment 60895

Topo Chico is a creative descriptor for Coke Bottle

Back