Pre-Order Thread

Is it really live though? Also, it’s basically a different song now.
I would say it's a live performance and I'm not sure what else it could be called.

I know that some bands record songs live, playing together in full for their albums (must likely with some overdubs) rather than tracking each instrument individually. I know that's how Khruangbin records and I wouldn't classify those albums as "live albums" so it may sound like I'm being contradictory, but that Fallon performance isn't a studio recording.

Go see them live if you get a chance. I like the album, it’s good retro soul but I think it’s a little bit safe personally, there are other artists pushing the boundaries of that genre a bit more for me. But live is just wow, they are a killer live act, one of the best that I’ve seen in a long long time.

My gf and I saw them live back in September before they really blew up at a small venue in Charlottesville VA. We arrived super early to grab dinner and beer before the show and met the guys as they were coming in to get ready. They were super nice and humble, which makes me like them that much more. They actually thanked us several times for coming and asked how we found out about them and were really engaging, not just "hi and bye". They were nice enough to sign an album cover and inner which picture I really like. The show was amazing! We have tickets to see them at Stubbs here in Austin (where we live now) which was originally scheduled to be back in May, who knows when it will happen now...
BTW the way the hoppy pale ale in the previous post was delicious!
IMG_2875.jpegHere's a photo of us with Eric too.
6878EB72-9097-44F2-B271-004B253EC577.jpeg

This part is actually kinda funny. Rudy De Anda opened up for them and when we walked in he was standing by the merch table and looked up and pointed at me. I realized we were both repping matching Colemine/Plaidroom shirts! He's a chill dude and cant wait for his new album to drop soon!
IMG_0684.jpeg

Also, my point was that I think they’ve evolved. They were basically brand new when they recorded the album. They’ve done quite a few new versions of things in the studio since and they’ve definitely taken what they’ve learned from the road and as they’ve evolved into a band instead of just a duo.
good to hear. I stated earlier that they only have one album and we're comparing them to other artists with a few records (and tours) under their belts which can certainly allow for growth and expansion. I'm not necessarily knocking Black Pumas for being who they are, I just sometimes find myself wondering what my disconnect is from something that others are truly enamored with. but like with so many artists I just chalk it up to that it's just my opinion.

good to hear. I stated earlier that they only have one album and we're comparing them to other artists with a few records (and tours) under their belts which can certainly allow for growth and expansion. I'm not necessarily knocking Black Pumas for being who they are, I just sometimes find myself wondering what my disconnect is from something that others are truly enamored with. but like with so many artists I just chalk it up to that it's just my opinion.
Fair enough.

My gf and I saw them live back in September before they really blew up at a small venue in Charlottesville VA. We arrived super early to grab dinner and beer before the show and met the guys as they were coming in to get ready. They were super nice and humble, which makes me like them that much more. They actually thanked us several times for coming and asked how we found out about them and were really engaging, not just "hi and bye". They were nice enough to sign an album cover and inner which picture I really like. The show was amazing! We have tickets to see them at Stubbs here in Austin (where we live now) which was originally scheduled to be back in May, who knows when it will happen now...
BTW the way the hoppy pale ale in the previous post was delicious!
View attachment 60602Here's a photo of us with Eric too.
View attachment 60604

This part is actually kinda funny. Rudy De Anda opened up for them and when we walked in he was standing by the merch table and looked up and pointed at me. I realized we were both repping matching Colemine/Plaidroom shirts! He's a chill dude and cant wait for his new album to drop soon!
View attachment 60605
Hey...nice shirt!!! I have the orange one ;)

I have heard that the MoFi version of Electric Warrior by T. Rex is supposed to start coming out finally by the end of this month! Really hoping it’s true. That’s an instant buy for me. Been looking forward to it for awhile.
Ooph...I broke down and purchased their SACD of that album a bit ago. TBF, the SACD sounds spectacular so I don't know if I'll grab the LP too but tempting.

Ooph...I broke down and purchased their SACD of that album a bit ago. TBF, the SACD sounds spectacular so I don't know if I'll grab the LP too but tempting.
Yea. It's been announced but delivery date was TBD. Since the Rhino Rocktober pressing is now costing more than the MoFi will, I'm definitely going to grab the MoFi. I have just been waiting to preorder until they had an actual release date in mind.

Totally missed this announcement. Not sure if anyone else on here cares about The Drones. This one actually isn't too hard to get already, but I really hope this means the rest of the catalogue is coming soon because they are $$$$$.

Does MoFi even do 33rpm any more? I think they are milking the extra profits that the 2xLPs bring them. I'd rather it were 33 for the cost to quality ratio personally.
Yea--sadly they mostly seem to do 45s now. I wish they did more 33s as well, even if they charged a little bit more than the usual $35. I'd rather have the 33 at $40 than a 45 at $50 each...

Yea--sadly they mostly seem to do 45s now. I wish they did more 33s as well, even if they charged a little bit more than the usual $35. I'd rather have the 33 at $40 than a 45 at $50 each...
I mean, if people keep paying $15 more for what probably only costs them an extra $5 or less, I guess I get it, but it makes me a lot less likely to buy it. Especially if I already have or can get a decent copy.

Does MoFi even do 33rpm any more? I think they are milking the extra profits that the 2xLPs bring them. I'd rather it were 33 for the cost to quality ratio personally.
They do, the Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid soundtrack that they did this year was 33 rpm.

I think they are doing 45 rpm for anything they've done in the past at 33 rpm, and I know it is a big audiophile thing. As much as a PITA flipping can be, I think a lot of times it is worth it.

They do, the Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid soundtrack that they did this year was 33 rpm.

I think they are doing 45 rpm for anything they've done in the past at 33 rpm, and I know it is a big audiophile thing. As much as a PITA flipping can be, I think a lot of times it is worth it.
Is there a previous Electric Warrior MoFi though? My guess is that since Rhino did the 33 of it AAA mastered by Kevin Gray they did this at 45 to differentiate.

I don't mind the flipping so much, but unless I have to have a copy and I don't have a decent one or can't get one cheaper, that price isn't usually worth it for me.

Back