Pre-Order Thread

1595330372007.jpeg

Was just about to post this. Kind of a meh variant, but I'm anticipating a VMP exclusive this week considering What Now went like gangbusters a few years back.

(Also up on their site here: PREORDER: Free Love (Limited Edition Colored LP) | Ambient Inks)

I'm all in on a new Sylvan Esso release. So people know, the local record store variant will be Sky Blue Opaque, which I prefer to coke bottle clear. I'm gonna go with that from my local record store. Here is their link if you're interested.

1595341319640.png\

View attachment 57739\

Also a Bullmoose Zia Exclusive.

metz-atlas-vending-green-vinyl-bull-moose-zia-co-exclusive-ltd-to-300-copies-single-pocket-jacket-with-custom-dust-sleeve-and-poster-insert

METZ

Atlas Vending (Green Vinyl)
Bull Moose & Zia Co-Exclusive, ltd to 300 copies
Single-pocket jacket with custom dust sleeve and poster insert
ROCK
SUB POP
UPC: 00200346231056
Release Date: 10/9/2020

Peter Gabriel's live albums are being reissued as half-speed masters: Peter Gabriel’s live albums set for vinyl reissue

At the moment, both Target and Amazon (and possibly other retailers) have two of these titles (Plays Live, and Live in Athens 1987) listed at $17.29, and each of these is a double album, "remastered at half-speed and cut to lacquers at 33RPM by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering" (from the article linked above). Crazy good deal? or am I missing something here.

Peter Gabriel's live albums are being reissued as half-speed masters: Peter Gabriel’s live albums set for vinyl reissue

At the moment, both Target and Amazon (and possibly other retailers) have two of these titles (Plays Live, and Live in Athens 1987) listed at $17.29, and each of these is a double album, "remastered at half-speed and cut to lacquers at 33RPM by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering" (from the article linked above). Crazy good deal? or am I missing something here.
Same price at Amazon as well.

I'm happy enough with my old copy of Peter Gabriel plays live, but I couldn't buy that 1987 Athens album fast enough. I check every morning to see if Target lists Secret World and Growing Up. I can't believe how low the retail prices are on these!

I'm happy enough with my old copy of Peter Gabriel plays live, but I couldn't buy that 1987 Athens album fast enough. I check every morning to see if Target lists Secret World and Growing Up. I can't believe how low the retail prices are on these!
I think a bunch of the other half-speeds have been cheap from Peter Gabriel too but some have gone out of print I think and have gone up in price. I have the half-speed of So en route to me now.

I'm all in on a new Sylvan Esso release. So people know, the local record store variant will be Sky Blue Opaque, which I prefer to coke bottle clear. I'm gonna go with that from my local record store. Here is their link if you're interested.

After Echo Mountain Sessions and their last live album, I don't think I can handle SE without the full band now.

I think a bunch of the other half-speeds have been cheap from Peter Gabriel too but some have gone out of print I think and have gone up in price. I have the half-speed of So en route to me now.
Speaking of Peter Gabriel...the So episode of Classic Albums is great:

Also a Bullmoose Zia Exclusive.

metz-atlas-vending-green-vinyl-bull-moose-zia-co-exclusive-ltd-to-300-copies-single-pocket-jacket-with-custom-dust-sleeve-and-poster-insert
METZ

Atlas Vending (Green Vinyl)
Bull Moose & Zia Co-Exclusive, ltd to 300 copies
Single-pocket jacket with custom dust sleeve and poster insert
ROCK
SUB POP
UPC: 00200346231056
Release Date: 10/9/2020

Pink Version for UK.

1595348068139.png

View attachment 57739\

I like that album cover. I'm a sucker for moody black and white pics. Reminds me of old 90's Emo album covers.

The Bicycle Thief - You Come and Go Like a Pop Song 21st anniversary edition looks like a nice package.

"Available on the 21st anniversary of the album's original debut, September 21st, 2020.

- This record features a remastered color-in-color vinyl version of the 1999 album "You Come And Go Like A Pop Song"

- A bonus 7" yellow-vinyl containing the 2001 re-issue songs "Song For A Kevin Spacey Movie" + "Trust Fund Girl"

- Birthday Cake Rarities: a digital-download card with your vinyl that includes 24-tracks of demos, live tracks, and two previously unreleased studio tracks.

- A custom two-sided Bicycle Thief poster with notes from the original studio band.

- There will only be 500 copies of this configuration available.

- Once supplies run-out, this version of the vinyl will not be made available again.

- Each record contains a special, hand-crafted foil numbering for authenticity."

The Bicycle Thief - You Come And Go Like A Pop Song LP

IFR001-productMOCKup_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Back