Pre-Order Thread

I'm going to buy this one, obviously, despite already having TBYML on vinyl. But... I listened to the demo of "Down by the water" and it sounds way too similar to the album version. I am starting to doubt how worthy the demos albums are for me, I think I would've preferred the b-sides.

I’m passing on all the demos. I have way too many records already, better stick to the actual albums.

It’s not like I’m immune from frivolous purchases; I’m probably myself getting a second copy of Stories... once that drops so I can, like, enshrine my OG. Also, even though these reissues have been available for fairly cheap on Amazon after a few weeks, I cannot get myself to wait to lock in my copy. Edit: it's already on Amazon (US).

One step closer to Is This Desire!

Last edited:
For those who "signed-up" for the Dawes announcements by texting "Taylor's cellphone"...they let folks know that the "Live From Richmond" vinyl is available in the store.

I was a big follower of the A.V. Club about 8 to 10 years ago and they did a sponsored give away for one of their albums and the write up was so over the top glowing you’d have thought they were the second coming of The Beatles, needless to say the whole thing became meme worthy in the comments section and to this day anytime I see Dawas mentioned anywhere it makes laugh.

Last edited:
I was a big follower of the A.V. Club about 8 to 10 years ago and they did a sponsored give away for one of their albums and the write up was so other the top glowing you’d have thought they were the second coming of The Beatles, needless to say the whole thing became meme worthy in the comments section and to this day anytime I see Dawas mentioned anywhere it makes laugh.
That sweet, sweet Laurel Canyon sound!

I’m passing on all the demos. I have way too many records already, better stick to the actual albums.

It’s not like I’m immune from frivolous purchases; I’m probably myself getting a second copy of Stories... once that drops so I can, like, enshrine my OG ). Also, even though these reissues have been available for fairly cheap on Amazon after a few weeks, I cannot get myself to wait to lock in my copy.

One step closer to Is This Desire!

Fuck yeah, Is This Desire? is the one I'm expecting. And the b-sides of that album are SO GOOD WHY AREN'T YOU RELEASING THOSE POLLY, WHYYYYY

Fuck yeah, Is This Desire? is the one I'm expecting. And the b-sides of that album are SO GOOD WHY AREN'T YOU RELEASING THOSE POLLY, WHYYYYY

That album has been a top 5 white whale for me. Pre-ordering the reissue won't give me the same rush of blood that I experienced when I found Stories in the wild for < $30, but that's probably better for my health anyway.

First and second pressings of the Nation of Language album were black, but now Rough Trade has the first color vinyl limited pressing. One of my favorite albums of 2020.

Back