Pre-Order Thread

For those who "signed-up" for the Dawes announcements by texting "Taylor's cellphone"...they let folks know that the "Live From Richmond" vinyl is available in the store.

already got a shipping notification for this...that was fast! ⚡⚡

Last edited:
God damn they are mining the shit out the Replacements...didn't they just put out a color variant of this earlier this year?

So the LP has a new mastering plus the rough mixes, but not the B-sides? Not really spelled out.

Nevermind, according to Stereogum it's just a rough mix of the album. I'll stick to Spotify streams for this.
Yeah I absolutely love the Replacments. Like a top 5 all time favorite band for me but I won’t be buying this. I also didn’t get the Dead Man’s Pop box from last year. I’ve got the two boxes Twin/Tone and Sire years which is all 8 studio albums and I don’t really need anything more.

View attachment 56969

After emailing Sony 3 separate times, being denied twice, and emailing over a week ago to cancel it AGAIN, these people have the audacity to go ahead and ship it anyways. great, thanks sony. waste time and money you fucking idiots
Damn. That sucks. It's kinda crazy to see the 180 people have made on this album though lately! Seems like a lot of people don't want it anymore (or did you buy a diff variant?). I'm a bit in the same boat...bought the indie variant out of FOMO a bit and just got it yesterday.

Damn. That sucks. It's kinda crazy to see the 180 people have made on this album though lately! Seems like a lot of people don't want it anymore (or did you buy a diff variant?). I'm a bit in the same boat...bought the indie variant out of FOMO a bit and just got it yesterday.
A lot of people don't want it?

at first, I wanted it cancelled because I got the pearl from Amoeba. However, i slowly realized i no longer wanted it at all, because I feel it would get very few listens

A lot of people don't want it?
I have seen lots of people saying they were mad they couldn't get the album cancelled from Sony and others saying they meant to cancel from Bullmoose and other outlets but forgot to and they already shipped this week. So I guess I've seen a lot of both? Some not wanting and others who got multiple variants.

I have seen lots of people saying they were mad they couldn't get the album cancelled from Sony and others saying they meant to cancel from Bullmoose and other outlets but forgot to and they already shipped this week. So I guess I've seen a lot of both? Some not wanting and others who got multiple variants.
I thought that was just all the people who jumped on the pre order from the official store, because they got burned on Idler Wheel but then got mad when other variants and listings went up for cheaper. I didn't bother worrying about it though and am looking forward to spinning mine soon! One of my favorites this year.

I thought that was just all the people who jumped on the pre order from the official store, because they got burned on Idler Wheel but then got mad when other variants and listings went up for cheaper. I didn't bother worrying about it though and am looking forward to spinning mine soon! One of my favorites this year.
I've seen both weirdly. I'll be happy to listen to mine this weekend but if I feel that I won't spin it a lot, I might just resell for what I paid. I completely forgot I ordered it to be honest and don't find myself listening to the album on streaming as much as I did the first week or two after it came out.

I do not have it but I ordered this one. I just missed it last time it went up for sale and resale prices have been a lot. It's a cool album! And $3 shipping to the US is great to see for once.

Thanks for sharing. I really am enjoying it. Shipping to Canada is a tad pricey, so I’ll likely ship it to my PO Box in Washington and pick it up...... if you guys ever get your Covid under control so we can open up the border again.

Back