Pre-Order Thread

So excited:

Magnolia has a purple signed they don’t want link posted though.

Awesome, I just spun Healing Tide not too long ago. I love these folks...and their live show is really something special.

They’re on my list of post-quarantine must sees. They just *feel* like a special live show.
They were on my docket for June but the rescheduled Isbell shows will have Hiss Golden Messenger. I for sure can’t wait to see them.

aesop-rock-float-custom-blue-vinyl

AESOP ROCK

FLOAT (CUSTOM BLUE VINYL)
RAP
RHYMESAYERS 324LP-C3
UPC: 826257032430
Release Date: 9/4/2020

aesop-rock-float-custom-green-vinyl

AESOP ROCK

FLOAT (CUSTOM GREEN VINYL)
RAP
RHYMESAYERS 324LP-C2
UPC: 826257032423

aesop-rock-float-custom-yellow-vinyl

AESOP ROCK

FLOAT (CUSTOM YELLOW VINYL)
RAP
RHYMESAYERS 324LP-C1
UPC: 826257032416

They’re on my list of post-quarantine must sees. They just *feel* like a special live show.

They're definitely on my see again someday list. It was a 400 seat theater, (The Ark in Ann Arbor) so perfect. Their band was very skilled, perfectly restrained at times and up on it other times.

AESOP ROCK

RAP
RHYMESAYERS 324LP-C3

AESOP ROCK

RAP
RHYMESAYERS 324LP-C2

AESOP ROCK

RAP
RHYMESAYERS 324LP-C1
I need this, but which one?🤔

Also noticed this on the page for this record:

Purchase Policy: Purchasing from the Magnolia Record Store means you agree to purchase solely for your own use, and not to distribute or re-sell on an auction platform or similar site. We reserve the right to verify and cancel orders we believe carry intent to do so.

Can't lie, I like that policy, but enforcement could be tricky.

Definitely tricky. From the feedback on the Avetts situation mentioned above they indicated they were looking into immediate Ebay listings/flipping and contacting the sellers about it but it's hard to imagine how to really enforce it unless sellers are very sloppy about how they describe their items. and it probably doesn't do them much good to cancel a handful of orders on something like that unless they can re-stock before it sells out.

For those who "signed-up" for the Dawes announcements by text "Taylor's cellphone"...they let folks know that the "Live From Richmond" vinyl is available in the store.

Thanks, I need this. Dawes are an awesome live band in my opinion. I saw an Evening with Dawes and I was convinced.

Last edited:
Awesome, I just spun Healing Tide not too long ago. I love these folks...and their live show is really something special.
And they're just SO nice. I saw them open for Valerie June with just two mics, a keyboard, and a tambourine. Between sets I was walking by the merch table and suddenly Tanya was giving me a hug and thanking me for coming to their show, and then Michael was hugging me from the other side. Big sweaty indymisanthrope bear hug sandwich.
They were on my docket for June but the rescheduled Isbell shows will have Hiss Golden Messenger. I for sure can’t wait to see them.
Okay, as nice as the Trotters are, this is still an upgrade as far as I'm concerned. #teamhiss

And they're just SO nice. I saw them open for Valerie June with just two mics, a keyboard, and a tambourine. Between sets I was walking by the merch table and suddenly Tanya was giving me a hug and thanking me for coming to their show, and then Michael was hugging me from the other side. Big sweaty indymisanthrope bear hug sandwich.

Okay, as nice as the Trotters are, this is still an upgrade as far as I'm concerned. #teamhiss
Oh, I’m on board with HGM for sure.

For those who "signed-up" for the Dawes announcements by texting "Taylor's cellphone"...they let folks know that the "Live From Richmond" vinyl is available in the store.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!

Next PJ Harvey drop!

To Bring You My Love and Demos pre-orders up, out on 11/9/20!

I'm going to buy this one, obviously, despite already having TBYML on vinyl. But... I listened to the demo of "Down by the water" and it sounds way too similar to the album version. I am starting to doubt how worthy the demos albums are for me, I think I would've preferred the b-sides.

I love how small shows like that really round out your feelings about a band. I was always a Sharon Jones fan, but after seeing her live and in-person, man that just put everything on a different level.

AESOP ROCK

RAP
RHYMESAYERS 324LP-C3

AESOP ROCK

RAP
RHYMESAYERS 324LP-C2

AESOP ROCK

RAP
RHYMESAYERS 324LP-C1
The original red gave me Hitchcockian vibes, but these three give me Blue Note jazzy vibes. Tough call.

Back