Pre-Order Thread

Is this a better pressing than the OG Idler Wheel? I have an original copy and it sounds OK but I would love a proper mastered for vinyl version.
Hard to say. I trust that it is a GZ press, but I don't believe their mastering info as it is the same as the OG and they have been known to write what is on the jacket, which is just a reproduction of the original, instead of knowing the actual details of what they are selling. Slim chance that it means they used the original plates but at GZ instead of United.

My money is on GZ cut and press, but from what I've heard about the original press, that could still possibly be an improvement.

Hard to say. I trust that it is a GZ press, but I don't believe their mastering info as it is the same as the OG and they have been known to write what is on the jacket, which is just a reproduction of the original, instead of knowing the actual details of what they are selling. Slim chance that it means they used the original plates but at GZ instead of United.

My money is on GZ cut and press, but from what I've heard about the original press, that could still possibly be an improvement.
Nevermind, Storf gave a real answer this time instead of just saying he doesn't know like last time. Still could be an improvement on some since United isn't exactly know for perfect pressings.

So I bought Fiona instantly and only then found out about all the changes, but I didn’t know the extent of it till I read this thread. It is weird that they’re setting up a new site but didn’t email or anything. And to even post Fiona and not email...what? I don’t keep track of what they’re doing. And their communication, which was always bad, has gone somehow even further downhill.

so I signed back up last month for QOTSA, on a month-to-month plan. But if that’s changing, I’d like to know cause I had no idea that was the case. I’m already on the hook for December cause I selected Fiona to ship free with the ROTM. But after this I am done.

So I bought Fiona instantly and only then found out about all the changes, but I didn’t know the extent of it till I read this thread. It is weird that they’re setting up a new site but didn’t email or anything. And to even post Fiona and not email...what? I don’t keep track of what they’re doing. And their communication, which was always bad, has gone somehow even further downhill.

so I signed back up last month for QOTSA, on a month-to-month plan. But if that’s changing, I’d like to know cause I had no idea that was the case. I’m already on the hook for December cause I selected Fiona to ship free with the ROTM. But after this I am done.

Yeah. If you pause your single month membership, you can't sign back up for it. They easily could have informed people of that, letting them know that, if they wanted to maintain them, they'd need to sign back in before the migration

Last edited:
Just got a UPS tracking number for the NIN package ordered this morning.

That was fast...we'll see when it actually gets shipped out, tho.

Can someone please help me out and give me advice on what Chromatics album is worth checking out? Do they do Dream-Pop and Shoegaze by chance?
I'm a relatively new fanatic to their discography after having gravitated to some of their singles/covers over the years but never diving deep for some dumb reason until their new album dropped a few weeks back. If looking at the three main LPs I guess I would start with Kill for Love, but if it didn't immediately grab you I might jump to the new album, Closer to Grey. Night Drive is also great, but it seems to have a lot more... I don't want to call it filler because that's not the right word, but it's a lot more ambient/moody in sections, especially in the back half, but it's still gorgeous. Hell, maybe that'd be your thing more than the others! They were all growers for me in their own way.

Eminem - SSLP20 for 150usd plus shipping anyone.......anyone?

View attachment 22989

Black vinyl, no book but you get a poster. Reasonably priced at sub-$50.

Colony House- Leave What's Lost Behind (I can totally see this having a Magnolia Exclusive or being a ROTM for them)

View attachment 23442

View attachment 23443

Colony House is great, I've seen them a few times in Portland. The drummer Will Chapman is insane, my 8 year old son is a drummer and wants to be just like him. Last time they were in Portland they brought my son on to their tour bus, signed our albums and gave him one of Will's used drumsticks which he also autographed. It was my son's first concert and I still hear about how it was quite possibly the best day of his life.

Definitely copped the deluxe vinyl pre-order for him!

IMG_20190410_223743_570.jpg

Colony House is great, seen them a few times in Portland. The drummer Will Chapman is insane, my 8 year old son is a drummer and wants to be just like him. Last time they were in Portland they brought my son on to their tour bus, signed our albums and gave him one of Will's used drumsticks which he also autographed. It was my son's first concert and I still here about how it was quite possibly the best day of his life.

Definitely copped the deluxe vinyl pre-order for him!

View attachment 23447

Great Story. They seem like great dudes, awesome they did that for your son. Can't believe he is Steven Curtis Chapman's son. Funny you say that about the drummer because my friend is a drummer in a Nashville band and he swears Will Chapman is the best drummer in the world.

New William Patrick Corgan album up for pre-order:

Only deluxe version is available for now!

I love WPC's music, but this is too steep even on the sale price.

Luckily, there is a standard edition:

I love WPC's music, but this is too steep even on the sale price.

Luckily, there is a standard edition:

I ALMOST bit on the deluxe. Then I decided to stream the music. Hard pass for me.

2BB6B3F4-97CA-4D1E-BA96-8D76A3298534.jpeg

Colored repress just listed today I think. No idea how many they are pressing. I let this slide by last year trying to catch it “on sale”. It sold out fairly quickly and it was gone. Week b4 Black Friday is Not the best timing. Ad blurb says it is only available at artist site. “FREESHIPPING” saves a bit.

Last edited:
I wish they would make some vinyl releases for his old Emo band Miracle of 86. They were so good. Check out their self titled album.

While I prefer Kevin's Band and Solo stuff, I do like Miracle of 86. They pressed Every Famous Last Word a couple years ago.

1574523488452.png

Back