Pre-Order Thread

Bird Box extended score box set from NIN.

Bird Box extended score box set from NIN.

FIona's Idler Wheel is live from VMP. If you've been waiting 2 years for it... it's happened. Open to non members

Wonder if there's a price difference between member and non-member? Interesting it's open to non members and not limited in any way.

Gotcha. Interesting. Wonder if they will do this more (or just for big anticipated releases like this)?

I think Fiona is a special circumstance. They migrated the site and fucked EVERYTHING up. People got booted from their accounts and still don't know if they have memberships. Storf is playing the victim on reddit and blaming members for being impossible to please. He always gets "yelled at" for no reason. :cry:

If they didn't drop this album this way, it would have only been worse. No one knew until right now if they'd even be able to check out. If they dropped this and it was a limited release and it sold out... that would have been a new level of trainwreck. Also a great slogan. "Vinyl Me, Please. A new level of trainwreck."

I think Fiona is a special circumstance. They migrated the site and fucked EVERYTHING up. People got booted from their accounts and still don't know if they have memberships. Storf is playing the victim on reddit and blaming members for being impossible to please. He always gets "yelled at" for no reason. :cry:

If they didn't drop this album this way, it would have only been worse. No one knew until right now if they'd even be able to check out. If they dropped this and it was a limited release and it sold out... that would have been a new level of trainwreck. Also a great slogan. "Vinyl Me, Please. A new level of trainwreck."
I don't think the limited release was because of the migration though even though that has been a mess but don't doubt that the $27 price tag intro might be because of that. It was originally listed at $40 down to $34. It says it is shipping in December (I know I know...insert VMP delay here haha). I do recall Storf saying it wouldn't be SUPER limited awhile ago. They'll sell more to non-members this way than making people sign up for the 3 month sub.

I don't think the limited release was because of the migration though even though that has been a mess but don't doubt that the $27 price tag intro might be because of that. It was originally listed at $40 down to $34. It says it is shipping in December (I know I know...insert VMP delay here haha). I do recall Storf saying it wouldn't be SUPER limited awhile ago. They'll sell more to non-members this way than making people sign up for the 3 month sub.

Oh no, I know it wasn't because of the migration. They wouldn't change the pressing numbers on an album just because they were moving the site. That being said, it's another stupid as fuck move to plan an inevitable migration disaster around a drop this major. If this did happen to be a limited release, however, and these problems were occurring, it would have been even more of a disaster.

They've definitely stated in the past that this wasn't going to be a ROTM but it also wasn't going to be super limited

Shocking.

I still don't get why they thought Reddit of all places would be a better forum than their own.

All that reddit really did was delay the inevitable rage. There was a new crop of people who hadn't experienced the issues and were claiming that forum members were toxic whiners. Now those same people are getting pissed, because it's, inevitably, come around.

Someone simply stated that they thought it was odd to place an ordering limit of 2 on a non-limited release. They weren't even complaining at all. Storf responded that people yelled at him for Mobb Deep, to which the original commentor pointed out that's a false equivalent, since Mobb Deep was limited and allowed people to order up to 5 copies. Then Storf said that the context doesn't matter, because he gets yelled at for everything, which is basically just another move to dismiss the context and the very obvious and valid criticisms that people have. I saw it on my phone. Storf's comment was around 0 and the other person's was at least at a 2. By the time I got on my laptop, Storf was upvoted and the other guy had been downvoted through the fucking ground. I think reddit works in the way that they can have staff downvote the shit out of people. They can also be absent and it seems more resonable than not responding on their own platform

Last edited:
All that reddit really did was delay the inevitable rage. There was a new crop of people who hadn't experienced the issues and were claiming that forum members were toxic whiners. Now those same people are getting pissed, because it's, inevitably, came around.

Someone simply stated that they thought it was odd to place an ordering limit of 2 on a non-limited release. They weren't even complaining at all. Storf responded that people yelled at him for Mobb Deep, to which the original commentor pointed out that's a false equivalent, since Mobb Deep was limited and allowed people to order up to 5 copies. Then Storf said that the context doesn't matter, because he gets yelled at for everything, which is basically just another move to dismiss the context and the very obvious and valid criticisms that people have. I saw it on my phone. Storf's comment was around 0 and the other person's was at least at a 2. By the time I got on my laptop, Storf was upvoted and the other guy had been downvoted through the fucking ground. I think reddit works in the way that they can have staff downvote the shit out of people. They can also be absent and it seems more resonable than not responding on their own platform
Haha, boo fucking hoo. Storf is so bad at being the public face of the company.

Haha, boo fucking hoo. Storf is so bad at being the public face of the company.

He loves it, though, because his ego is out of wack. They literally just moved everyone's shit over, fucked up their addresses in the system, locked them out, removed memberships, orders are missing from accounts... they have everyone's payment info. Storf provided definitive drops days that never happened. They said they were doing a drop last wednesday or thursday, then moved it to Friday and then Tuesday. None of those happened, but they didn't update anyone until someone made a reddit post for them to respond to. Meanwhile, people are setting time aside to be ready for these drops and finding out they weren't happening only moments before they were scheduled. OH! and they pulled one month memberships from people who were told they were grandfathered in, so if someone skipped last month thinking they could sign back in with the one month, as they were informed they could and have been doing all year... not gonna happen, bruh. No heads up. So, I mean, the least they could do is acknowledge that the concerns are valid, rather than act like THEY are inconvenienced by people wanting to make sure that they actually still have active memberships they are paying for.

But... let me go find a pre-order to post, just to get this thread back on track. I just wanted to make sure that anyone who has cut off VMP but wanted to snag this knew about it and that, if they wanted it, they didn't have to sign back up to make it happen. Hopefully, it pops up elsewhere, but they still have TIDAL on lock down, so I don't know how likely that is.

Last edited:
Back