Pre-Order Thread

Glow pt2 is one of the greatest albums of all time.
Close to the same time is when I went deep dive into Indie rock and punk. Seems appropriate since it was college. Probably my favorite bands I discovered were Broken Social Scene, Animal Collective, Between the Buried and Me, Envy, and all that NY Post-Punk revival stuff.

Went with Neil Young's Homegrown vinyl LP and 4 copies of Neil Young Archives Vol. II: 1972–1982 CD.
$35 total with RedCard (free shipping & discounts)
So many people have gotten tons of copies of that Neil Young CD now to flip haha. I'll be pretty shocked if it actually ships at this point.

So many people have gotten tons of copies of that Neil Young CD now to flip haha. I'll be pretty shocked if it actually ships at this point.

I'm torn- part of me says mass cancellations are coming. Part of me says the overall number is so small that esp if they drop-ship they just tell the vendor to to suck it up and eat the cost to avoid bad servicing.

If you like Train, please enjoy it. I only posted that because I posted a blurb I think last year from the Music Direct catalog that showed Train was going to get the MOFI treatment and it was met with much laughter. We all have our guilty pleasures and bands we're partial to because we listened to them in our formative years. Train has some catchy stuff. I mean they're not Nickelback.

I wanted 1 myself but if I'm buying 2 records at $25 a pop to get a $3.99 CD set for free that might not even happen (or get cancelled), then it doesn't make much fiscal sense. So yes, I bought 3 of the CD sets haha. I guess I could go double dip on something else now.

I'm torn- part of me says mass cancellations are coming. Part of me says the overall number is so small that esp if they drop-ship they just tell the vendor to to suck it up and eat the cost to avoid bad servicing.
I was kind of hoping people would stick to ordering 1 copy so it would slide past Target noticing. I have a feeling that won't be the case. There were people on reddit ordering 12+ copies who don't even like Neil Young hah. I think mass cancellations will be incoming.

I wanted 1 myself but if I'm buying 2 records at $25 a pop to get a $3.99 CD set for free that might not even happen (or get cancelled), then it doesn't make much fiscal sense. So yes, I bought 3 of the CD sets haha. I guess I could go double dip on something else now.
True, but you ended up saving $1.25 or something if you ordered 3 CDs vs 1. I ended up just ordering 1 and it came to $10 or something shipped. I definitely placed a few separate orders of 3 LPs though to maximize savings and did the cancelling trick a few times. But who knows...if I get the red debit card linked up, I might order a few more copies at this point and get the free shipping.

I was kind of hoping people would stick to ordering 1 copy so it would slide past Target noticing. I have a feeling that won't be the case. There were people on reddit ordering 12+ copies who don't even like Neil Young hah. I think mass cancellations will be incoming.

True, but you ended up saving $1.25 or something if you ordered 3 CDs vs 1. I ended up just ordering 1 and it came to $10 or something shipped. I definitely placed a few separate orders of 3 LPs though to maximize savings and did the cancelling trick a few times. But who knows...if I get the red debit card linked up, I might order a few more copies at this point and get the free shipping.
1 was $10 but 3 was $14 shipped, and $10 shipped if you have the red card. I'm not seeing this up for sale anywhere else right now so I'm not even sure how much it retails for, but guess we'll see how it shakes out.

1 was $10 but 3 was $14 shipped, and $10 shipped if you have the red card. I'm not seeing this up for sale anywhere else right now so I'm not even sure how much it retails for, but guess we'll see how it shakes out.
It's a 10CD box set if it is what is listed. Volume 1 had less CDs and retailed at over $100 and resale was even more than that.

I did just notice that they have changed it so you can only order the CDs with an order of $25+ now.

Last edited:
This band meant so much to me back when I was in college. I discovered them around 2007-2008. I went out and bought the double cd issue of The Glow pt2

@eatdogs you should make this into its own thread: Bands/Albums My College Self Was Prepared to Die For [or some other, much better name that I am sure someone with a handle like @eatdogs could concoct.]

I have a few of these myself and it would be a great source for new music recommendations.
It would also be worth a follow because I know we have members across many many decades of the college experience.

Reddit continues to be the cancer that thinks it's the cure.

View attachment 52195

WOW! About time! Amazing album front to back, and it hits $100 for an original pressing.

....and don't forget these guys:

Back