Pre-Order Thread

Look I’ve made Train jokes around here before (at least around the old joint). And I have realized from watching this thread that, given the demographics of vinyl buyers, there is a substantial appetite for pressings of pretty much anything that was released between say 1995-2005.

I will also admit publicly for the first time to having owned this album on CD and listened to it several times in my car during the summer of 2001. It filled me with shame and I kept it a secret from everyone I knew even at the time. Having read the incredibly backhanded description on the Mofi page I finally realize why - it was a tough and confusing time in my life and this record was a gallon of ice cream for anyone raised on AOR.

But seriously, the “Overview” is the funniest thing I’ll read all day. It begins with “There's definitely nothing wrong with...” and includes the following:

”Remarks of jealous critics aside...”
”Free of the harshness, boxiness, and flatness discernible on the CD...”
“...the sound of what happens when concerns about trends and coolness are put aside...”
“...eminently listenable fare...”

Anyway if you ever catch me in the What’s Spinning thread listening to Drops Of Jupiter, please call in a wellness check on your boy.

Look I’ve made Train jokes around here before (at least around the old joint). And I have realized from watching this thread that, given the demographics of vinyl buyers, there is a substantial appetite for pressings of pretty much anything that was released between say 1995-2005.

I will also admit publicly for the first time to having owned this album on CD and listened to it several times in my car during the summer of 2001. It filled me with shame and I kept it a secret from everyone I knew even at the time. Having read the incredibly backhanded description on the Mofi page I finally realize why - it was a tough and confusing time in my life and this record was a gallon of ice cream for anyone raised on AOR.

But seriously, the “Overview” is the funniest thing I’ll read all day. It begins with “There's definitely nothing wrong with...” and includes the following:

“...the sound of what happens when concerns about trends and coolness are put aside...”

Anyway if you ever catch me in the What’s Spinning thread listening to Drops Of Jupiter, please call in a wellness check on your boy.
I had no idea until just now that Train also released a full album of covers of Led Zeppelin II. Talk about what is and what should never be.

I saw Train last year at a manufacturer's convention with my old man and Patrick Monahan was very annoyed by the end that people were more interested in the open bar than his band's set. I walked up to the stage afterwards and picked his guitar pick from the ground. 10/10 would see again. They fuckin' killed a few Led Zeppelin covers though. I was also next in line for a meet and greet beforehand when their manager cut the line off for the band to get ready. Wah wahhh.

TELL MEH DID THA WIND SWEEPYA OFF YO FEET

I saw Train last year at a manufacturer's convention with my old man and Patrick Monahan was very annoyed by the end that people were more interested in the open bar than his band's set. I walked up to the stage afterwards and picked his guitar pick from the ground. 10/10 would see again. They fuckin' killed a few Led Zeppelin covers though. I was also next in line for a meet and greet beforehand when their manager cut the line off for the band to get ready. Wah wahhh.

I would be exponentially more interested in an open bar than a Train/Zep cover band set

@NathanRicaud It's back up!
Thank you so much Wynn72! The colour variant looks spectacular! Can’t wait to spin and play this one loud and have fun with it! 🙌💎

I would be exponentially more interested in an open bar than a Train/Zep cover band set

With all my summer shows cancelled, at this point if it was discovered that Train's Live performance was the only thing other than an Vaccine that killed COVID, I might be convinced to show up for this, even sans open bar.

Last edited:
1592316944218.png

Sound Wheel is artist and musician Alison Mosshart’s first solo spoken word album and companion piece to her new printed collection of paintings, photographs, short stories and poetry, Car Ma.

It is an album about cars, rock n’ roll, and love. It’s an album about America, performance, and life on the road. It’s an album about fender bender portraiture, story tellin’ tire tracks, and the never-ending search for the spirit under the hood.

Mosshart imagines the auto body shop like some other Coney Island. And America’s highways — the last great roller coasters. She shows us that the engine on fire is connected to the guitar feeding back since birth. And the sensation of walking on stage and facing an audience is like the laugh before the scream in a car without brakes.

Mosshart ruminates that automobiles—with their doors and mirrors and windows, engines and wheels and radios— portray us. Mirror our need to be in or to exit, our inward reflections and outward visions, our lifetimes of tinkering with the mysterious heart. That which runs until it doesn’t.

Throughout history the car has been a symbol of freedom and hopeful adventure. It stands to reason it is also a symbol of our subsequent spinning out... over things we never thought could happen during a song that fucking good with the volume up that fucking loud.

View attachment 52195

Ooooh, gotta buy this for "Legendary" alone. Even if the rest of the album weren't good (it is), that's one of the all-time sad songs for when you're feeling down.

Back