Pre-Order Thread

View attachment 52094

I wonder how this differs from the one someone posted from Rough Trade a couple weeks ago (which showed up at my house today).

I wonder how this differs from the one someone posted from Rough Trade a couple weeks ago (which showed up at my house today).

There is no difference, I just reposted it because it sold out at Rough Trade although it now looks like its back in stock there too.

@wynn72 - What’s going on with that Gwen Stefani Love.Angel.Music.Baby UO exclusive! I don’t see it in store? Did you grab yourself a copy of it, and if so, do you know how many copies it was limited to???

I missed out on it too. I had a 30% coupon and was going to grab that and Katy Perry Teenage Dream, but saved both for later since there were 3k and I didnt expect it to go out so quick.

Fortunately it will probably be back since, as people mentioned, this is normal for UO. I cant see them selling 3k in less than an hour. But I won't hesitate next time.

Reel Big Fish - Turn The Radio Off

A tad pricey but WORTH IT! (Not pricey compared to Discogs/2nd market, but it's a lot for a repress)

@EmeryRK

Funny, the 2016 translucent green repress, there's a note on Discogs - "It's available on their website for $20, so don't pay the markup". Now the band is the obscene markup.

I saw them a few times 1995-97 when they came through Chapel Hill, but hard nope on paying that much for a single disc.

US link via Stones Throw
Finally an answer to why there is a "Sire" Edition...

We have a limited edition vinyl of MF Doom & Madlib’s collaboration that we’re calling Madvillainy (Sire Edition)

Pre-order available now for July 3 release. This release is available exclusively at Stones Throw, Concerto (Amsterdam), and Rough Trade (London).

• Transparent yellow vinyl, 2/LP • Metallic silver sleeve with die cut holes • 16-page lyric book

Photos by Eric Coleman. Original design and repackage design by Jeff Jank. The Sire Edition was made in reference to a subtle detail about the original Madvillainy cover:

“an inside joke of mine was that the black and white photo of Doom reminded me of the first Madonna album cover [on Sire Records, 1983] … it said MADONNA and the O was orange. I saw the two pictures side by side and thought it looked like a version of Beauty & the Beast. So I put a little piece of orange up in the corner, partly because it needed something distinctive, and partly to match the color with Madonna.” – Uncovered: The Story Behind Madvillain’s Madvillainy (2004) with Jeff Jan

I feel better now.

I’m as big a Stooges fan as anyone. I try to buy all their albums, including variants and the shitty live albums that get released. This, however, seems like overkill...

View attachment 52116
I’m with you. Hard to justify $$$ but it does look really well done. There is a 3 part YouTube video on the box set.

Whenever a link comes up somewhere please post it!

Not up yet, but I think it will be cheaper than Rough Trade

Back