Pre-Order Thread

Welp, I added Samurai Champloo and Hydeout Productions First Collection this year, why stop there?

Just a heads up, the Champloo that's been making the rounds is apparently a bootleg. That being said it does sound good. I'll hopefully grab First Collection while in Japan(and one for my friend @EmeryRK ). I still need Second Collection and Modal Soul(Hopefully they'll release them next year).

My Blue Nile reissues came in from Amazon UK the other day. None of them were in an LP mailer and I have no idea how they weren’t destroyed. They are pretty bare bones reissues. The artwork is replicated pretty close to the originals that I have (hats and walk across) except for the back cover of Hats which didn’t keep the mirrored text that was on the OG press.

Anyway, Hats and Walk Across sound really great. Honestly it was hard for me to find any fault with either of them compared to the originals. I think the newer ones are a touch louder and brighter but that’s it. They’re really really close. My Peace At Last, on the other hand, sounds pretty terrible. I was a little overzealous and just threw these on the TT before any sort of cleaning, but Peace was riddled with static and distortion and it skipped about 5 times throughout. Not too happy about that but hopefully it clears up with a good wet cleaning.

Hope everyone who ordered these gets them eventually.
Mine are still pending with Amazon US and showing not available - I am not optimistic with them being fulfilled. With that said, I ended up duplicating the order with BN-direct when I started to get nervous about them actually coming through Amazon; so I got mine last week.

Agreed - great pressings. I don't have an OG Hats, only AWATR; but it sounds better than my OG, IMO. Yes, bare bones, but TBF the OGs were bare bone releases too.

Just a heads up, the Champloo that's been making the rounds is apparently a bootleg. That being said it does sound good. I'll hopefully grab First Collection while in Japan(and one for my friend @EmeryRK ). I still need Second Collection and Modal Soul(Hopefully they'll release them next year).
Yeah, I got one of the “unofficial” releases when they all went up a few month ago. I likely would not have purchased it had I known. That all being said it was probably worth the $35 I spent on it. It sounds better than other official hip-hop releases. I read some speculation that it may have started out as an official release but possibly they might not have been able to clear all the samples and thus proceeded with putting it out in an unofficial capacity. It would also explain why the label has been fairly mum regarding the unofficial release. It’s all just speculation and conjecture but it would explain why it sounds pretty good for an unofficial release.

The news of the Failure box set reminds me that SRC Vinyl is still going to reissue You'd Prefer an Astronaut by Hum. It was supposed to come out back in May this year but kept getting pushed back. The news now is it will drop sometime in January. It's the oldest pre-order I've ever had for an album lol.

Oh and Hum is also working on a new album as well. Might be done by early next year I hope.

Free Nationals vinyl. There's also a deluxe bundle that includes a condom and sheet music haha. @Jonathan Y -- in case you didn't see this one.

My Blue Nile reissues came in from Amazon UK the other day. None of them were in an LP mailer and I have no idea how they weren’t destroyed. They are pretty bare bones reissues. The artwork is replicated pretty close to the originals that I have (hats and walk across) except for the back cover of Hats which didn’t keep the mirrored text that was on the OG press.

Anyway, Hats and Walk Across sound really great. Honestly it was hard for me to find any fault with either of them compared to the originals. I think the newer ones are a touch louder and brighter but that’s it. They’re really really close. My Peace At Last, on the other hand, sounds pretty terrible. I was a little overzealous and just threw these on the TT before any sort of cleaning, but Peace was riddled with static and distortion and it skipped about 5 times throughout. Not too happy about that but hopefully it clears up with a good wet cleaning.

Hope everyone who ordered these gets them eventually.

They do exist!!! 😱

I had ordered from Bull Moose who later canceled the order and when I asked about it, made it seem like the whole thing was chucked off. So I was holding off ordering elsewhere. I know they were sold out from them directly, I’ll have to keep an eye out on Discogs or elsewhere

For anyone who ordered Channel Tres - Black Moses, I got an email saying they were starting to ship.

I recall they were pretty transparent about the fact that the initial pressing wasn’t up to their standards...so they had it pressed again at a different facility.

Looking forward to this one.

Awesome - really looking forward to these EPs.

Back