Pre-Order Thread

Looks like Deathwish is doing a new variant of Dixieland by Greet Death. This was the bands debut album and its awesome.

Looks like Deathwish is doing a new variant of Dixieland by Greet Death. This was the bands debut album and its awesome.

Both this and New Hell are really good. Glad I found out about these guys this year.

Chromeo - She's In Control

CEO_SHES_IN_CONTROL_2_2000x.png

15 years old and still funky fresh!

Preorder now, ships March 2020.

The debut album from the Funklordz, originally released in 2004
  • Limited edition 140 gram clear, triple vinyl
  • Disc 1 & 2: full LP, including two versions mixed by Philippe Zdar
  • Disc 3: remixes by Playgroup (Trevor Jackson), Whitey, DFA (James Murphy & Tim Goldsworthy) and The Juan MacLean
  • Liner notes by Turbo Recordings founder Tiga
  • Gatefold cover designed by Chromeo and Willo Perron p/k/a Eskimo Design
  • Photos by Tim Barber
Nice! I gotta stop paying Discogs prices.. seems like anything rare I scoop up lately is getting a repress! :)

1576273618123.png

1576273675381.png

For anyone feeling nostalgic for their emo kid days. Looks like these are going quick...

If you were 14 in 2000 and now you're 33 and one of the lucky millennials to make decent money, THIS IS FOR YOU.

(Unless you are me and you were 14 in 2000 and now you're 33 and one of the lucky millennials to make decent money but you don't buy $60 cheesy pop punk compilations in bloated deluxe packages ☺ )

If you were 14 in 2000 and now you're 33 and one of the lucky millennials to make decent money, THIS IS FOR YOU.

(Unless you are me and you were 14 in 2000 and now you're 33 and one of the lucky millennials to make decent money but you don't buy $60 cheesy pop punk compilations in bloated deluxe packages ☺ )

lol nailed it for me. I was 14 in 2000 and 33 now and a lucky millennial who makes decent money.

I’d rather it be just the record but as someone who grew up on Drive Thru Records and saw most of these bands live multiple times at small venues I have no issue putting $47 down for this. Especially since a comp is perfect for my nostalgia itch since there is very few drive thru bands I think I’d want to listen to a full LP of now (with the exception of Steel Train and maybe Something Corporate)

Not sure if this has been on here yet.

Not sure if this has been on here yet.

Awesome, gonna wait until after Christmas for this one

Figure there'd be people here into this band too:

20th anniversary repress of The Opposite of December, with a /500 and regular variant available along with some themed merch.

/500 is $5 more expensive though.
I'm glad I scored the original press of this last week lol. I'm excited about the possibility of them reissuing their other albums, in particular the next two that they made. I had to sign up for the email list just in case.

My Blue Nile reissues came in from Amazon UK the other day. None of them were in an LP mailer and I have no idea how they weren’t destroyed. They are pretty bare bones reissues. The artwork is replicated pretty close to the originals that I have (hats and walk across) except for the back cover of Hats which didn’t keep the mirrored text that was on the OG press.

Anyway, Hats and Walk Across sound really great. Honestly it was hard for me to find any fault with either of them compared to the originals. I think the newer ones are a touch louder and brighter but that’s it. They’re really really close. My Peace At Last, on the other hand, sounds pretty terrible. I was a little overzealous and just threw these on the TT before any sort of cleaning, but Peace was riddled with static and distortion and it skipped about 5 times throughout. Not too happy about that but hopefully it clears up with a good wet cleaning.

Hope everyone who ordered these gets them eventually.

Back