Portland / Oregon

Bull Shannon

Two Waxahatchee Portland dates in September! I've been to plenty of shows at the Wonder Ballroom, but never any at Aladdin Theater. Anyone here have a venue preference?
I refer the Wonder overall for the vibe and space; you can grab balcony seats if you want sitting, and the basement bar is pretty comfy. I might simply be biased because I've seen my favorite shows there, but it's my venue of choice.

I do like the Aladdin; I loved seeing Snail Mail (opener Choir Boy outshone them though) in general admission there, and it was pretty easy to stroll in and grab a good seat.

Speaking of which, Lucy Dacus with Bartees Strange at the Wonder in October!

Matt M

A dig the Aladdin, nice to be able to move around or sit when you feel like it. Usually decent sound in there too. There will be a line around the block for the Julien Baker and Waxahatchee shows for better seating, I would guess.

All the ladies heading our way in the fall. Wax, Julien, Lucy, Courtney Marie...

bdm105

Has anybody in PDX used this store for vintage gear repair? Audio Specialties LTD, east of 205. My Sansui Model 2000 is still giving me trouble and this store has good reviews and he said generally work is $150 or less.

popthropologist

I've had a few experiences with Doug @ Audio Specialties. I think you're safe with older gear -- he should do a good job with your Sansui. I will never go there again, though, because he ruined my (admittedly complex) Sony PS-X700 turntable while attempting a simple repair. Now, I take my gear to Inner Sound in Clackamas.

CraigVC

I've never used Audio Specialties, but I thought Inner Sound in Clackamas did nice work, fairly priced, to repair the powered amp in one of my Polk tower speakers that went out. That repaired one is still going strong several years later, but of course the other speaker's amp went out next, and I have yet to go get it repaired... (Gradually talking myself into just replacing speakers that are now approaching 25 years old...)