Portland / Oregon

Ordered a portable AC unit through Lowes midweek last week; delivery date was set for today. We took off for the coast most of this weekend and got home yesterday afternoon, chanting "the AC's coming tomorrow" as a mantra to get us through.

The estimated delivery has just ticked up to tomorrow. Still at label created. If they push it to Wednesday I am going to SHIT*.

*complain and stomp around the apartment

My weather app said the LOW temperature was going to be 87 degrees last night. Is that even possible?

We had been camped up on Puget Sound - where it was also triple digits - jumping in the 60 degree water every hour or so to stay cool. We finally said "uncle" and drove home late last night, grateful that our house has central A/C (and a smart thermostat). Still, after days of runaway heat, it seems the best our HVAC could do was to get the temp down to 76 indoors. Not complaining, at all, but hoping that we all get a bit of relief soon.

Ordered a portable AC unit through Lowes midweek last week; delivery date was set for today. We took off for the coast most of this weekend and got home yesterday afternoon, chanting "the AC's coming tomorrow" as a mantra to get us through.

The estimated delivery has just ticked up to tomorrow. Still at label created. If they push it to Wednesday I am going to SHIT*.

*complain and stomp around the apartment
Yeah, a lot of delivery and warehouse workers were walking off jobs due to image conditions in the heat.

Is anyone an Oregon Symphony subscriber or know one? Looks like Ben Folds will be playing with them in November and subscribers get first dibs. Regular sale is in August

i love that I always get notifications for this thread and I live in LA and haven't commented in like a year and a half lol. Honorary Portlandian apparently.

The reading comprehension in this thread is cracking me up 😂

Come on, Portland! 😘
I think (hope) he updated the post with the price after responding to me, but maybe not. What say you @Matt M ? And if it was in there, mea culpa. :ROFLMAO:

As for the gent who asked about the color, that would be more visual comprehension. 🤷‍♂️

I think (hope) he updated the post with the price after responding to me, but maybe not. What say you @Matt M ? And if it was in there, mea culpa. :ROFLMAO:

As for the gent who asked about the color, that would be more visual comprehension. 🤷‍♂️
Nah, the price and color were there 😂

it’s for sale now, so whoever wants it. Ready to get this garage cleaned out!

Nah, the price and color were there 😂

it’s for sale now, so whoever wants it. Ready to get this garage cleaned out!
Given that it would become a prominent part of our living room, I need to check with my better half on the color. We probably won't get a chance to catch up until later tonight. If someone else gets to it first, no worries.

Given that it would become a prominent part of our living room, I need to check with my better half on the color. We probably won't get a chance to catch up until later tonight. If someone else gets to it first, no worries.
Cool, just let me know.

If the cops can't do anything about hate groups deliberately terrorizing and initiating shootouts in the downtown area, and they can't stop street racers from blasting down the hill behind my house, doing donuts for hours in parking lots and lighting illegal fireworks, what are they for?

Well, traditionally the role of police used to be for keeping the minorities in line, but now is a confusing time for the police. I think they're struggling to find themselves right now in this new world. (And many are leaving the force when faced with the prospect of evolving from their traditional role.)

Whew, @Bull Shannon you sure did pick a hot topic to chat about today!

Hello Portland people - hope this finds you all doing well!

Pickathon and Topaz Farm are partnering for a 2-day Harvest Fest at the end of this month. Bill Callahan, Bedouine, Antibalas and Rose City Band, all under the big oak tree. Should be a nice way to close out summer. We saw Thao play earlier this summer, and it was a pretty magical setting.

Pickathon will surely announce it within the hour - and tickets will go fast when they open at 10 am - but you can grab them now with the code FARMFRIEND.

Also, saw Doug Martsch play a backyard show in the 6th quadrant last night. He has been playing solo shows all over town this summer, and has more planned in late October. Let me know if you want the details.

Back