Portland / Oregon

Anyone in the PDX area know of a place to get food grade CO2? Thinking about getting a sodastream and don't want to deal with their branded canisters.

Gang. I need this snowstorm to happen Thursday.
I really don't want to see it. Girlfriend owns a flower shop, and it's Valentine's weekend. Not a good mix trying to get all those delivered. And I work for the City and the knee jerking decisions will be painful. Can't we all just go up to the mountain for the snow? 😂

I really don't want to see it. Girlfriend owns a flower shop, and it's Valentine's weekend. Not a good mix trying to get all those delivered. And I work for the City and the knee jerking decisions will be painful. Can't we all just go up to the mountain for the snow? 😂

I'm still the only person going into the station each day. So, not having to drive in the snow would be great, k thanks.

These are all compelling arguments re: how disruptive snow is but are massively outweighed by my desire to watch the snow in my jammies. I'm fortunate enough to be WFH for COVID, so it's kinda exciting to think it'll snow and not have the "how will I get to home/work // what if I have to miss work" problem hovering in the back of my mind.

Odds are this is a typical Portland Snow Forecast and the snowflakes on my weather app will turn to raindrops. Either way, stay safe out there.

No Valentines flowers for you!

As expected, the City is already knee jerking and moving crews to a night shift the night before anything happens. Damn this city can waste money.
Why should this Valentine's Day be any different than the rest? 😂

Oregon's taxing me for the stimulus money, might as well get some pretty snow.

Why should this Valentine's Day be any different than the rest? 😂

Oregon's taxing me for the stimulus money, might as well get some pretty snow.
Well, glad my people can waste your tax money then :)

It's amazing when you try and be a responsible person and use funds appropriately, and you are made out to be difficult. I'm so ready to retire and be out of Government work. If anyone thinks it's bad, imagine being on the inside.

Well, glad my people can waste your tax money then :)

It's amazing when you try and be a responsible person and use funds appropriately, and you are made out to be difficult. I'm so ready to retire and be out of Government work. If anyone thinks it's bad, imagine being on the inside.
I know. It's infuriating. In sincerity, the pandemic is hard enough on businesses. I hope whatever the weather, things go smoothly for your girlfriend, and aren't too miserable for you (sounds too late for zero misery).

I know. It's infuriating. In sincerity, the pandemic is hard enough on businesses. I hope whatever the weather, things go smoothly for your girlfriend, and aren't too miserable for you (sounds too late for zero misery).
Well, 326 days until eligible to retire. Not that I have any idea if I can afford it.

Hopefully some things open up on Friday to a small extent. Numbers have been pretty low lately. Businesses and people could use it.

Come get those books, dammit!

Well, 326 days until eligible to retire. Not that I have any idea if I can afford it.

Hopefully some things open up on Friday to a small extent. Numbers have been pretty low lately. Businesses and people could use it.

Come get those books, dammit!
We've been sick here!

Anyone in the Portland-ish area have a vinyl flat? Have 3 or 4 records that are needing some help. Having a record cleaning machine is really showing me where the warps are, just doesn't want to vacuum those dips.

Great question. +1 from me, if there's anyone local willing to help me try and fix this Feelies Crazy Rhythms LP. I've owned it since the 90s, and never have been able to play it due to the severe warp that I didn't notice. (I was crate-diving at a wildly-chaotic used records shop in Cleveland, and I guess this one got too close to the old-fashioned radiators in the place, and I didn't notice it until after I got home.)

I can't bear to just throw it away, so I'd like to try one really good shot at fixing this warp and saving a hard-to-find record that's otherwise in excellent shape, crossing fingers that it won't distort or ruin the grooves in the process.

Attachments

• Feelies - Crazy Rhythms LP warped 20190601_150043.jpg
    Feelies - Crazy Rhythms LP warped 20190601_150043.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 6
  • Feelies - Crazy Rhythms LP warped 20190601_150609.jpg
    Feelies - Crazy Rhythms LP warped 20190601_150609.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 6
Back