October 2020 Challenge Thread: Let’s Get Weird

Last edited:
Day 25: Channel Orange

I searched "orange" in my Discogs collection and randomly picked something...

R.E.M. ‎– Green
Warner Bros. Records ‎– 1-25795, 1988

DMM cut at Masterdisk
Pressed at Allied

NTA1SB.jpg

7O0b8B.jpg

Day 28 - Novelty

"The Witching Hour” is a radio play that is being broadcast simultaneously on 100 radio stations (including Savannah’s WRUU 107.5FM) around the country, and live-streamed by Graveface, Terrorvision, and Mondo (which has a broad reach with 250,000 followers).

“It’s a mix of narrative, music, ghost stories, and all this stuff,” said Graveface.

The Marshmallow Ghosts ‎– The Witching Hour
Graveface Records ‎– GRAVE165, 2020

Graveface Record Club variant on orange vinyl, numbered/limited to 200, #26

Cut by Dietrich Schoenemann
Pressed at Kindercore Vinyl

gzWOV6.jpg

xCswWS.jpg

Day 29: National Cat Day

Cat Stevens ‎– Teaser And The Firecat (Island Records, 1971 First UK Pressing)

This is what I love about these challenges, they sometimes push you to dig deep to find an album that fits the theme. I bought this record years ago when I was first getting into the hobby, and likely paid no more than 50p for it at a carboot sale. It might have been played since then, but I really cant remember and pretty much went into this not knowing what to expect. Its an absolutely stunning album, really beautiful music. I will definitely be playing it again before the weekend, and I also have a copy of 'Back To Earth' which was picked up in a similar situation many years ago.

IMG_4368.JPG

Day 29: National Cat Day - Spin something that reminds you of felines (bonus points if you include your furry friend in your post)

Blink-182 - The Mark, Tom and Travis Show

A few of these songs come off of their album Chesire Cat (which I don't own). That album cover is pretty iconic and is one of the first that comes to mind when I think of cats and music.

Blink-182 ‐ The Mark Tom and Travis Show.jpg

Day 29: National Cat Day

I'd take a picture of my cat, but it's 4 AM and the house is dark. I'll edit this later with a pic...I'm sure it will be one of her sleeping on the top of the couch.

Budgie ‎– Impeckable
A&M Records ‎– SP-4675, 1978

Promo

Cut at Sterling
Pressed at Monarch

Odx13o.jpg

J8EZS3.jpg

Back