October 2020 Challenge Thread: Let’s Get Weird

Day 28: Isn’t that novel

The Presidents of the United States of America - The Presidents of the United States of America

To me, "Peaches" comes across as a novelty. The whole album is fun and brings back childhood memories, but "Peaches" seems the most silly of the tracks presented here.

16039943998573056497136484819637.jpg

The Presidents of the United States of America - The Presidents of the United States of America

To me, "Peaches" comes across as a novelty. The whole album is fun and brings back childhood memories, but "Peaches" seems the most silly of the tracks presented here.

View attachment 72491
Thought you’d used this for today’s cat theme (“Kitty”) until I read it closer

Day 29: National Cat Day 🐈

Leo Takami - Felis Catus & Silence

Went with a more unique choice here. How could I not, based on the cover? One of my favorite ambient/new age records of this year! I get hints of a Miyazaki soundtrack here.
I don't have a cat to share picture(s) with you all.

16039981384018300809099391177262.jpg

Spin something that features a novelty song (Halloween themed preferred but not required)

This one was tough and it's probably a stretch to call "What's he building?" a novelty song, but it's certainly creepy.

View attachment 72531

And Eyeball Kid is pretty creepy too.

Spin something that reminds you of felines (bonus points if you include your furry friend in your post)

Super Furry Animals - Radiator

This came in the mail yesterday, and cats are super furry animals, too, just like the bear on the cover of this album, so I'm playing it!

Don't have any pets at the moment, though... working on it!

20201029_154116.jpg

Spin something that features a novelty song (Halloween themed preferred but not required)

Various - Faux Real Two

I don't have any Halloween themed novelty records ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The second release from Father/Daughter Records of "FAUX SONGS BY REAL BANDS"

Sex Bob-omb! The Beets! Stillwater! Two (2!!!) songs from 90s Adam Sandler movies!!!

IMG_20201029_185959.jpg

Spin something that reminds you of felines (bonus points if you include your furry friend in your post)

Super Furry Animals - Radiator

This came in the mail yesterday, and cats are super furry animals, too, just like the bear on the cover of this album, so I'm playing it!

Don't have any pets at the moment, though... working on it!

View attachment 72563

This is one deserves a few more 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

They're so underrated, no duds in their discography.

Day 30: Trick or Treats - Spin something that is as sweet as “fun sized” butterfingers

Lianne La Havas - Lianne La Havas

Whenever I hear play something sweet I think of that sweet sweet soul music (spoiler alert: December's challenge will have a day dedicated to it 😉). This album is more modern neo-soul but is one of my favorites this year and the album opener is titled Bittersweet so I went with it.

Lianne La Havas - Lianne La Havas.jpg

Back