October 2020 Challenge Thread: Let’s Get Weird

Day 31: Happy Halloween - Spin something appropriate for the occasion

Psycho - The Original Film Score

Thanks for a fun month @TenderLovingKiller®!

Psycho.jpg

Day 31: 👻 Happy Halloween 🎃

clipping. - Visions of Bodies Being Burned

The sequel to last year's stellar horrorcore project from the experimental hip hop trio. Some musical jump scare moments here.

View attachment 72899

Thank you for hosting us here, @TenderLovingKiller®.
damn it! that's what i get for waiting too long i suppose lol

Ok so it's clear I'm not gonna meet the deadline for this month for each day so I'm just gonna spin a record that can be applied to a few of the days I missed
DAY 27, 29 & 31
A HALLOWEENY ALBUM WITH A CAT ON IT BY A BESPECTACLED MUSICIAN
Lemon Demon - Spirit Phone
I've made it a tradition of sorts to spin this album at least once every month for the challenge threads but spinning it on Halloween is most fitting. As I've described before, this is an album full of reanimated corpses, a murderous arcade cabinet, no-eyed girls, candy cadavers, aliens, the general paranormal and oddities of the world and, perhaps scariest of all, Reaganomics. It's a fun and addictive album that I think pairs very well with the Halloween season.
20201031_202752.jpg
Also, the cover is the one-man-band Neil Cicierega and his cat! And Neil usually wears glasses, but of course the one time he appears on a Lemon Demon album cover, he isn't.
20201031_203035.jpg
And bonus points for kitty pics? I can be of service.
20200822_202047.jpg

Day 31: 👻 Happy Halloween 🎃
Spin something appropriate for the occasion

High On Fire - Blessed Black Wings

chernabog | Tumblr

IMG_20201101_104214.jpg

I'm a bit late, but I'm going to finish the month!

Day 29: National cat day

Cat Stevens - Teaser and the Firecat

I know @Selaws already played this, but I couldn't think of anything else and it's one of my favourite albums. Plus, it's a two-fer anyway! (If it had been national dog day I'd have a bunch of great options. Not really a cat person at all but I'm mellowing on them as I get older and softer.)

PXL_20201103_140233272.jpg

Back