October 2020 Challenge Thread: Let’s Get Weird

Day 14: Dedications
Spin something and dedicate it to someone important to you

Billy Joel - The Stranger

This one goes out to my dad. This is his favorite album, and we must have listed to it hundreds of times when I was a kid.
This is actually his record that he passed down to me when I first started collecting. It is beat to hell and has a bunch of skips, but I just can't get rid of it.IMG-1636.jpg

Last edited:
Day 15: BAM! It’s Emeril Lagasse Birthday

The Spice Must Flow

Toto ‎– Dune (Original Soundtrack Recording)
Music On Vinyl ‎– MOVLP1065, 1984/2014

Pressed at Record Industry

REj9w8.jpg

p5PeGp.jpg

Day 14 - Dedications

20201015_132418.jpg

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

This is dedicated to my older brother, who is inarguably my best friend. He spent years listening to nothing but classic rock no matter how much I tried to expand his tastes. It wasn't until I showed him tpab that his tastes exploded now this is one of his favorites of all time

Day 15: BAM! It’s Emeril Lagasse Birthday

Donald Byrd Quintet - Parisian Thoroughfare (Brunswick/Sam Records, 2019 Limited Mono Pressing)
Lee Morgan - Candy (Blue Note, Classics Records Mono Limited Pressing)

I forgot to post the Donald Byrd earlier when I spun it, so here's me holding it. Its a killer record and I love the album artwork. Also, heres a bonus play as I spun the lee morgan after without realising how well it fits in with today's challenge!!

IMG_3721.jpg

IMG_3944.JPG

Day 14: Dedications

Terekke - Improvisational Loops

Dedicated to Tony, one of the co-owners of the since closed Musique Plastique (RIP). He is a phenomenal curator with endless passion for the more esoteric side of music. He was instrumental to get me diving in to the Music From Memory label and other forgotten ambient/avant garde wonders.

16027953357214064547200053381486.jpg

Back