October 2020 Challenge Thread: Let’s Get Weird

Day 14 - Dedications

This was one of the first records I ever got. I went to a thrift market with my mom, and she bought me this absolutely essential record, as well as Physical Graffiti. She also gave me the few records she had from her own collection, which might've been what kickstarted this whole thing. I've since got the recent remaster, but I thought I'd play this anyway.

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon

LP, Album, RE, Gat
Harvest, Harvest SHVL 804, 8E 064-05 249
Portugal

IMG_8518.jpg

Day 14: Dedications

Jack Johnson ‎– In Between Dreams (Brushfire Records, 2005 First Pressing)

This is the album that me and my girlfriend used to listen to when we first starting dating (all those years ago), so this is for her. Some fantastic songs on this album, really relaxing.

IMG_9402.JPG

I’m gonna try to catch all the way up. 99% of my records are in boxes still so I may take a lot of liberties. Here we goooooo

day 1: Fall record. I’ve been listening to this album tons lately. Also Wilco was the last show me and that guy saw together a year ago.
33DFCB37-76E7-49E9-84EE-5DCBEC8057DB.jpeg
Day 2: FRIDAYYYYY Never Say Never is a Friday night song for sure and we can agree it’s one of the top 50 songs of all time.

8D865F8C-A705-4F10-A600-50B3EC37DA91.jpeg
day 3: sportsssss this isn’t a sports household. But Philly Boy Roy’s convos with Tom about his Philly faves make me laugh so much. On this, PBR describes throwing a toilet on the field during a Titans and Eagles game.
17B157F9-EEF7-4A91-8856-91D07AB570E2.jpeg

View attachment 70255Day 4: Sunday Soundtrack I recently bought a Mary Lattimore soundtrack but I couldn’t find it and I didn’t see the box with the soundtracks upstairs and these boxes are heavyyyy. Anyway, Third was the soundtrack of my very tough 2008. Also I have come around to Third being their best album. If I must fight, I will but I know our sweet @gaporter agrees.

see you next post with another chunk!

Attachments

• 876B5C6F-88D7-4B2D-89DF-8C04D77B815D.jpeg
    876B5C6F-88D7-4B2D-89DF-8C04D77B815D.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 2
Day 13 Washington
Soundgarden Ultra Ok

there was a time when I disliked most of these grunge bands from WA , My wife lived in Walla Walla right before moving to Philly for high school .I listened to mostly rap and metal at the time when we met and she was telling me about all these bands with weird names, I knew Alice and Chains because they opened for Ozzy ( They were awesome but Philly Booed them anyway for not being metal enough . I was mostly annoyed that they were killing off my hair metal bands with their gloominess . Of course I came around after seeing a lot of them live , so I’m putting up this one because the last time we saw Soundgarden was a few months before Cornell died and they played a ton of their old stuff that brought back a bunch of memories from high school.
1CA016B3-F2DB-40F9-BCE0-A19B63A3D309.jpeg

Day 14
Dedication song Bill Withers Lean on me to my cupcake

When my little sweetie was 3 years old we were driving home from daycare and Lean on Me came on the radio . She says from the back seat I know this song. I said oh yeah sing it to me. Damned if she didn’t know every word . I almost crashed my car , I thought she was some kind of musical prodigy . Turns out it was their daycare class was practicing for months because it the song they sang for her graduation . So I put on the record every once and while for her and we talk about all the fun she had in her old school.
B6B66534-1B79-4F53-BE95-49134CC4E753.jpeg

Back