No Buy Vinyl Support Thread

Time to get back on the wagon! No more until the Springsteen reissued at the end of February...
What's this now?

Although, I'm not sure there is a Springsteen album that I don't already own.

It’s 18 tracks, the rising, devils & dust and a couple of live ones. I didn’t think 18 tracks was ever on vinyl (I am often wrong) and the other 2 studio ones have been out of print for pretty much the whole vinyl revival. I’m planning on getting all 5 of them over the course of a couple of months!

It’s 18 tracks, the rising, devils & dust and a couple of live ones. I didn’t think 18 tracks was ever on vinyl (I am often wrong) and the other 2 studio ones have been out of print for pretty much the whole vinyl revival. I’m planning on getting all 5 of them over the course of a couple of months!
OK, yes, 18 tracks is a must. Frankie!

I don't need more live Bruce. My parents have the Bruce sirius/xm channel on 29 hours out of every day. They play a concert at least 96x a day. So I'm good on that.

I don't own any Bruce past The River. Devils & Dust is fine to me. Just not needed in my collection.

OK, yes, 18 tracks is a must. Frankie!

I don't need more live Bruce. My parents have the Bruce sirius/xm channel on 29 hours out of every day. They play a concert at least 96x a day. So I'm good on that.

I don't own any Bruce past The River. Devils & Dust is fine to me. Just not needed in my collection.

I’m a horrendous completionist when it come to artists I like and I like Bruce a lot. I also really like The Rising! It’s a long time since I’ve heard Devils & Dust, maybe that was quite an average one? Perhaps it and the 2 live can wait?

I'm hoping to try this after march, only thing is after that, I'm probably gonna be participating in RSD, so that'll break the streak near immediately :/

I'm hoping to try this after march, only thing is after that, I'm probably gonna be participating in RSD, so that'll break the streak near immediately :/
Then try it in later months (June?).

I just got a shipping notice for my very last outstanding preorder. Kinda relieved.
Me too. Februrary is almost here!

What's a table rental run ya these days? Never realized an average joe could post up shop at one of those things.

This one is a monthly “punk rock flea market” in a bar. Usually they limit to 1 or 2 record vendors at a time. Lots of crafters and such.

Every so often he runs a vinyl-only event. Spaces are $25 for 6 feet, BYO table. I will rent a table for $10 a spot since I don’t have them, and my car is too small to fit one anyway.

Some music expos get $50-$60 per table. Big ones can get more!

I'm currently sitting at 3 purchases: Nujabes, Clarency Clarity, and Backspace

last year Bliss would've bought the Horace VMP version, one of the Thundercat versions, Grizzly Bear ...

I do have Danzindan-Pojidon and My favorite tune on my radar so that would bring me up to 5/15 which isn't a good sign but I am glad I haven't been so trigger happy as I was before

My single preorder from November has arrived today and single backorder from October arrived a few weeks ago. With that, I have no outstanding orders remaining.

Oh, and I still haven't purchased any records this month. Keeping my word. It's been fun playing the records I have and revisiting music I forgot I had on physical format.

Today is the final day of January 2020. I have spent $0.00 on records this month. The only vinyl related purchase conducted was a replacement stylus.

This "≤ 40 new records for the year" challenge I have set for myself might be easier than I thought. It certainly helps that I'm shuffling through my entire library before the year ends. Temptation has waned as the days have passed.

I'm going to temporarily leave this thread for February and perhaps March, but I will return at least a few more times before the year ends. I have two (perhaps three) records in mind for the upcoming month. Taking it slow and triple thinking about each of my purchases.

Hope everyone had a great month taking a breather, pausing or being more mindful about what comes into your collection.

Feel free to keep it up! I unsubbed from email mailers from record labels to help with fomo.
Completely enjoying the collection play through and will stay the course, only 53 in of 600 plus, but I got nothin' but time, plus it helps curb the buying bug ;)

Back