No Buy Vinyl Support Thread

Dirtbag Auntie

Hiya!!!

This is a support group for people who are going to take a breather and enjoy what they have in their collection. No fomo other than enjoying what is in your collection and watching others rediscover what they love in theirs. Your breather can be as little or as long as you want. No rules really other than the don't be a jerk rules.

I won't be home to my collection for another week-ish. Everyone feel free to get started.

Post whatever your heart desires. Talk about what you find, passionate essays, pics, artwork, stories and whatnot!

I will ask one tiny favor. Some people might be doing this for montary reasons, so please don't share sales, create bad fomo (you know what kind of fomo i'm talking about) or any of that.

I can feel the support already. Can't you?

It’s my annual vinyl free January over here! I’m not sure Im quite at no buy across the board yet but I really need to slow down quite alot!

I‘ve also bought too much that I don’t actually want far too often over the last 2 years. Damn FOMO! I think I need to clear some stuff out before i start buying again too!

The only records I have coming in 2020 are a couple of orders I paid for and my Secretly sub which will run out in May (?) and i'm not reupping.

Other than that, my personal goal for this is to (maybe) listen to all my records, rediscover the ones that haven't been played as much and off load the ones I don't appreciate anymore.

I have a pretty big backlog of PIFs I need to tend to, plus some Christmas presents and stuff I bought I just never listened to. Is that thread where someone on the forum makes a stack of vinyl for you to spin still a thing? Now that my Discogs is finally updated, I can actually do that, it always sounded like a cool idea

I have a pretty big backlog of PIFs I need to tend to, plus some Christmas presents and stuff I bought I just never listened to. Is that thread where someone on the forum makes a stack of vinyl for you to spin still a thing? Now that my Discogs is finally updated, I can actually do that, it always sounded like a cool idea

yes! It's somewhere in this part of the forum!

Back