No Buy Vinyl Support Thread

Did everyone start buying vinyl again?

hahaha
I bought one at the end of January that I'd been jonesing for for a few months. But I also sold a couple VMP duplicates I had to recoup some of that money, and it was well within the budget I'd given myself anyway, as the first record I'd bought in over two months. Right now there's nothing else on the horizon I want too bad, so I think I'll keep going fine for a while. I'm also really enjoying playing through my whole collection. The monthly challenge thread really helps with this!

ONE album at a record show on Sunday.
4 records from a guy on Fakebook, may not keep all of them, good trade titles.
Bummer news is I have 3 packages missing from my local PO Box, they were scanned as delivered, the post lady put them into a locked parcel locker for me, and they are just gone. So according to USPS, they're delivered, but I don't have them.

EDIT: I'm also shipping out two records tomorrow.

Last edited:
Was in a record store on the weekend and saw, for the first time ever, a copy of something that's been on my wantlist FOREVER so that was an easy decision! I did pass on a bunch of other stuff so that's progress!

Oh and then my wife thought it was a good idea to send me an article about my local record shop shutting it's doors forever and how everything is 30% off... I've informed her all my future purchases, and poor decisions, are on her head!

Was in a record store on the weekend and saw, for the first time ever, a copy of something that's been on my wantlist FOREVER so that was an easy decision! I did pass on a bunch of other stuff so that's progress!

Oh and then my wife thought it was a good idea to send me an article about my local record shop shutting it's doors forever and how everything is 30% off... I've informed her all my future purchases, and poor decisions, are on her head!
I shouldn't ask this, but--which shop? I might be in Hamilton soon, heh.

So I went to my local that's having an "everything must go 30% off" sale and man, the place was PICKED CLEAN!!! I guess waiting a week was good? I did get to grab a fantastic cup of coffee on my way back to my car so I've got that going for me today! I also get to "brag" to my wife how I saved hundreds of dollars today, she's not amused...

Yesterday (2/23) I set up at a 'punk rock flea market' vinyl-only sale. I had two tables with about 14 crates of records to sell.
Ended up clearing out quite a few, and I was so busy I barely got time to look at other vendors. I resisted the urge to buy ANY records at a show I would normally pick up a few things at. It felt good to lessen my stock (which is still way too much) and make some money that I will NOT put toward more records at this time.

One thing that helped my diet was the generally overpriced stuff I was looking at. I almost picked up 1 or 2 Godspeed You Black Emperor albums, but I'm behind on listening to what I have, so it was easy to pass. I have trouble resisting good deals, and I did not see any yesterday.

Back